The ends that some take to have their way.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The ends that some take to have their way..

SteveVB

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Rubicon w/stuff
Check out this article from the Washington Times. This is what all outdoor recreation users of our public lands have to contend with. Just another case - a blantant case- of bad science.
Great excuse though- similar to my 8 yr olds excuses.

http://asp.washtimes.com/printarticle.asp?action=print&ArticleID=20011217-7117603

heres the first couple of lines:

Rare lynx hairs found in forests exposed as hoax
Audrey Hudson
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Published 12/17/2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Federal and state wildlife biologists planted false evidence of a rare cat species in two national forests, officials told The Washington Times.
Had the deception not been discovered, the government likely would have banned many forms of recreation and use of natural resources in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest and Wenatchee National Forest in Washington state.

click the link to see the rest of the story.

oh god, the lynx. If I never hear about the lynx again I'll be perfectly happy.
Here in Colorado it seems the lynx is always in the news. The last "natural" lynx (meaning non-transported lynx) to be spotted in Colorado was near Vail back in the 1970's. When the bunch of treehuggers found out that Vail was planning to cut down trees and so forth for another ski run they felt this was unfair because it was in lynx territory (keep in mind this is almost 25-30 years after the last lynx was even spotted there) so they burned down a multi-million dollar building at the top of one of the passes to prove their point. Well heh heh jokes on them, Vail had to cut down more trees to rebuild the building :).

Anyways, the forest service began reintroducing them and I believe at last count they had reintroduced (meaning taken from another habitat and moved to this one) about 25 of the little buggers, and I believe every single one has died. You see theres a reason the lynx don't thrive in Colorado. They can't catch enough prey and they can't dodge cars, so most of them died as roadkill, the others died of starvation. Wow what a great use of my taxpayer money.

Well, you gotta give those people credit for trying. And then you gotta laugh at them for how they tried :p

published again

Times has run the Lynx story again, maybe some in DC will pay attention?

Dead Link Removed

Back