The explore is no longer... (lots of uninstal pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The explore is no longer... (lots of uninstal pics)

On August 13-14, 2002, I, Carleton Wesley Yoder, took apart my car to its entirety. All strobes, neon's, and led's were taken out...also the 1/0 cable, amps, subs, box, and headunit.

I replaced my stock front and rear corner's (took the clear outs off) but left the billet grill. I also left some of the hotloomz in the engine, along with the optima yellow top and 200 amp alt. (Not enough time to find replacements for these things to be able to take them out).

Two neon's were killed in the process of taking everything out., but SG will warranty them...the wires were ripped out of them, but I know how to solder them back on so I will probably just not waste time by sending them back, but fix them myself.

It was a very sad day for me....and quite a long one. Yesterday I spend a few hours in the rain un-installing my wheel wells, both UB kits, and my 8 under car strobes. You ask, why in the rain? Because there is no light in my garage...and I couldn't see jack under my car, so I thus had to become very wet (all my normal lights I use for my car were "misplaced" in the move :( )

All in all, im sad, yet glad...while the explorer is no longer...its memory will live on with us forever ;)

Thanks again to everyone who has been here for support, and has given me props along the way.
If you guys ever need neon help, i'll still be here! Don't forget me! :)

Stay tuned till next year folks!

Carleton

Dead Link Removed
Seats and center console out, along with upper trunk.

Dead Link Removed
Quick inside shot of the car...carpet still on...back seats raised up.

Dead Link Removed
SO MANY WIRES. You will be glad to know...there was not a single stray wire on my floor when I was done ripping everything out.

Dead Link Removed
Carpet, Seats, Console, and all door panels off.

Dead Link Removed
Door panels off, carpet out.

Dead Link Removed
Look how clean those 6 swtiches were! To bad they all went bye bye.

Dead Link Removed
Shot of back...can see random parts of dash pieces...most of dash off.

Dead Link Removed
Most of dash off.

Dead Link Removed
Just taken out headlight strobes and neons from dash.

Dead Link Removed
Dash completely taken apart.

Dead Link Removed
Front grill off, UB transformers there, Police strobes being taken out, neons under hood being taken out.

Dead Link Removed
Another shot of neon being taken off.

Dead Link Removed
Look how clean everything is looking....

Dead Link Removed
Just a little bit of neon for now...

Dead Link Removed
Wire heap # 1.

Dead Link Removed
LOTS OF NEON. All UB tubes ther...big box is full of neons and strobes...medium box (left) is all my audio stuff (wire, amps, HU) and small box in upper left is horn accessories.

Dead Link Removed
Just another shot of the neon (will get a better one later).

Dead Link Removed
Grill stays, stock corners in there...

Dead Link Removed
Wire bundle #2 (bigger now).

Dead Link Removed
Completely re-assembled. No subs, neons, strobes :( (hotwirez is still in carpet...tryng to let parents OK me to cut it out of the carpet (keep the CMEGLOW lettering... :) )

Dead Link Removed
Alas, no neons in sight (just like 2000000 holes ;) )

Dead Link Removed
Look how stock she looks now :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW!

That is a lot of work to make it look just like mine!

Robb

yo man u got any red neons left? or did u ever have any....what about that cool looking knight rider light? get back to me on how much you want if u got it.

so now you have random holes all over? Is someone buying it with the random holes all over?

Originally posted by ok89
so now you have random holes all over? Is someone buying it with the random holes all over?

Were kinda giving the explorer away to my aunt and uncle, so if they have a problem.... :)

As for neons...im not selling any, and no i did not have any red (and the knight rider light was modded to green).

Next car will have a central swtich panel (no holes) and all neons will be mounted so no holes will be present.

Carleton

You disassemble all of that in one day?
Sorry to see it go, that thing was a neon legend!

You still have the clear corners and underbody's by chance???

owell...what about the deck? dont suppose if ur gettin another car next year, but its worth askin

aww... i really liked that truck too.... your selling your subs and amp? how much? i would love to own a part of this truck =P also what model and size are they?

I guess I should say that was an honor for me to see the glowing Explorer......

Glad you were able to come to the get-to-gather they had for me when I was in Chicago....

:( Man, Carleton, that is a lot of work that you had to undo... that sucks..... hopefully, you will get a newer explorer and make that one even brighter ;)

thanks for all the support guys :) I really was sad that i had to take it all apart...i loved that Truck :(

So you're keeping all the neons and the system?

It is really sad to see the glowing explorer go Carl. You did an amazing job with it while you had it, and good luck with your next vechile you decide to "light up"

I think you should reinstall all that in the Lexus we see in the background! ;)

Originally posted by EO
I think you should reinstall all that in the Lexus we see in the background! ;)

HAHAHAHA!! I totally told my mom that!! Shes like "if i see you anywhere near my car, i'll run you over"

LOL

*rubs eyes*

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BOY???!!!!!

Dude, time to disown the parents! What's the deal with this? How'd you get swindled out of the EB?

That must break your heart! Well, actually now you have another car to look foward to. I think even when you are 80 years old you will still have a glowing car.

Lol...my parents should die! just kiddin :)

They don't really want me to have a car the first year of college becuase they think i would be to consumed with it (they are right:rolleyes: ) so i had to get rid of the car :(

Now while i may not go as all out on the next car (neon wise) i really do see in my future, to have at least a few neons in every car i own :)

Carl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much do you want for your subs with box? Thanks!

Back