The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sold my explorer last month. Just tuned

Anyone with an SSI tuned explorer run it in the 1/4 or do any 0-60 runs? Interested to see results. So can anyone who's had their SSI tune for a little while now say how they like it or dislike anything with the tune.

A member had PMd me stating he didn't feel his SSI tune was safe ..it had audible knock and it felt fast but he thought it was a max effort tune and that his truck will blow up ..

He switched tuners and he stayed things got way better and got desired results ..this is not a bash to that company in anyway I just ask around and he happens to respond to me about his tune ..

A member had PMd me stating he didn't feel his SSI tune was safe ..it had audible knock and it felt fast but he thought it was a max effort tune and that his truck will blow up ..

He switched tuners and he stayed things got way better and got desired results ..this is not a bash to that company in anyway I just ask around and he happens to respond to me about his tune ..

Doesn't surprise me. A couple customers of SSI have supposedly suffered "blown" engines. There is a lot of hate against SSI on the Ecoboosted FB page.

I don't have any first hand experience with them but I don't have anything to complain about with my Unleashed tune.

Doesn't surprise me. A couple customers of SSI have supposedly suffered "blown" engines. There is a lot of hate against SSI on the Ecoboosted FB page.

I don't have any first hand experience with them but I don't have anything to complain about with my Unleashed tune.

How would you say Unleashed is compared to a Livernois tune?

How would you say Unleashed is compared to a Livernois tune?

Again no first hand experience with them but I wouldn't hesitate on using them. Performance, customer service and reputation seem about on par between the two.

When I was shopping for my tune it was between Livernois and Unleashed. Went with Unleashed because I have used SCT handhelds in the past. I also got the windshield mount for my X4 and like being able to monitor parameters while driving. I also believe it is easier to resell the X4 vs MyCal device. X4 can be married to 5 different vehicles (one at a time) before it becomes locked where as the MyCal needs to be sent back to Livernois to be unmarried, I believe is the process. Torries customer service is excellent. Although his responses a just a few words, I dont think I ever waited more than 30min for an email response or even a tune revision.

Back