The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the 600+ HP Ecopowered Flex hasn't had problems yet, why would I.

I don't drag it or stomp on it all the time. I have a 14 GT for that.

Because when the Police Advisory Board asked the engineers if we could increase the top speed for the Interceptor Utility to match the Caprice V8 at 150MPH the engineers said tuning it wouldn't be a problem the issue was the drive shaft.

Im not saying your going to have issues, Im saying thats where the guys who built these vehicles identified there's a potential issue.

Dyno done yesterday, got the sheets today.

Stock it put down 276 hp and 310 torque.

With the SSI2 tune it put down 316 hp and 426 torque, the less aggressive SSI1 tune put down 316 hp and 412 torque.

My unleashed 93 octane performance tune put down 330 hp and 393 torque.

It is amazing to me how well these vehicles respond to being tuned. Only mods are a drop in k&n filter and 1 stage colder spark plugs.

I spoke with Shawn earlier today about your numbers. He was saying you have the basic 91 SSI1 and SSI2 tunes. I don't have access to a dyno so I just wondering about what mine should have. He was waiting to hear back from you and he could get you some more power.

I spoke with Shawn earlier today about your numbers. He was saying you have the basic 91 SSI1 and SSI2 tunes. I don't have access to a dyno so I just wondering about what mine should have. He was waiting to hear back from you and he could get you some more power.

I responded to his email and we are working on doing a data log to dial up a bit. My truck is at the dealer getting a new rear o2 sensor installed which was unrelated to the tune. Not like I could test it out too much with the 34" of snow we got Monday haha.

I responded to his email and we are working on doing a data log to dial up a bit. My truck is at the dealer getting a new rear o2 sensor installed which was unrelated to the tune. Not like I could test it out too much with the 34" of snow we got Monday haha.

any 1/4 mile times or 0-60??

all these tunes available for the XS, are they all the same?? only difference is customer service??? this goes for every one that has Livernois, Lund, SSI, Diablosport etc...... :scratch:

I have only ran SSI myself and I haven't had any reasons to try any others. After, Shawn tuned my 2013 FX4 with 35s I was sold.

any 1/4 mile times or 0-60??

all these tunes available for the XS, are they all the same?? only difference is customer service??? this goes for every one that has Livernois, Lund, SSI, Diablosport etc...... :scratch:

Here's results of a 0-60 (let off the throttle at 60) with traction control off, launched at about 2000 rpms in Normal mode with the wheels spinning. I used a Dynolicious Fusion App for recording.

IMG_4328.jpg_zpsdkksvkrl.png

thanks Guys!! BlackJack, thanks that helps!!!

thanks Guys!! BlackJack, thanks that helps!!!

I ran a 13.7 with my 91 octane unleashed tune. I have not been to the track yet with my ssi tune.

I ran a 13.7 with my 91 octane unleashed tune. I have not been to the track yet with my ssi tune.

thats great!! soo 1/4 mile at 13.7 that would put you in low 5's high 4's 0-60 right?

you have the unleashed 91 octane ssi tune? that was xxxxhp and xxxxtq?

anyone else have any 0-60 times with their tunes???

thats great!! soo 1/4 mile at 13.7 that would put you in low 5's high 4's 0-60 right?

you have the unleashed 91 octane ssi tune? that was xxxxhp and xxxxtq?

Unleashed and ssi are two different tuners. I have a tune from each of them. The track around me opens up April 1st so I plan on testing them back to back. The unleashed tune has more hp while the ssi has more torque.. should be interesting .

Unleashed and ssi are two different tuners. I have a tune from each of them. The track around me opens up April 1st so I plan on testing them back to back. The unleashed tune has more hp while the ssi has more torque.. should be interesting .

Does SSI also use the SCT? Can you comment on any differences in dealing with Unleashed and SSI on the tuning (other than the power numbers which both seem close-ish)?

yes it should! Cant wait to see the outcome! :popcorn:

I'm racing this weekend at Mopars At The Strip in Las Vegas in a different 7 seat project car:aerostar: (89 Dodge Caravan turbo) but isince the motor and trans are still on the shop floor if I run into any snags Ill be running the E Sport instead. Even tho MATS is an all Chrysler event they do have a Pony Wars class I can run Quicksilver in:thumbsup:

Because when the Police Advisory Board asked the engineers if we could increase the top speed for the Interceptor Utility to match the Caprice V8 at 150MPH the engineers said tuning it wouldn't be a problem the issue was the drive shaft.

Im not saying your going to have issues, Im saying thats where the guys who built these vehicles identified there's a potential issue.

Is there an upgrade for the drivetrain to handle the power?

Is there an upgrade for the drivetrain to handle the power?

Sure... I'm sure somebody offers Chromoly axle shafts and a Chromoly drive shaft for the Explorer... It's going to get pricey but that's to be expected.

Chromoly axle shafts were/are universally loved when putting small block 350's or even 5.7 Hemi's in Jeep TJ Wranglers to keep the power from snapping drive line components' and do a fantastic job of doing so. You would tear the transmission housing away from the block before one of those axle shafts would twist/snap...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back