The fat ******* 95 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The fat ******* 95 Sport

This was a buddie/customer build I recently did, I look at it as practice. My wife has a 98 XLT V8 explorer and in the spring shes getting a D30 and 33's.

Run down on this build.....
1995 Explorer sport
4.0L m5ord and 1350 (eventually auto of some sort and most likely a 1354)
78/9 D44 5.13's Aussie, old school yukons (the good ones) with ctms
9" with 5.13 and spool
38.5x14x15 TSL's on Beadlocks (my old locks I built years ago)
Radius Arm front with EB coils, maybe an 78/9 steering box (maybe)

Before Pic, who's straight,clean ranger is that? Looks similar to Kyles beat and dented ranger:sonicjay:
283073_2229361568517_1082177931_32723495_2333291_n.jpg

Got the old 8.8 out and a 9" in position. temporary on the mono leaf. Plan to change that later. But needed to get the rear sitting on the SOA to get ride height so I could set the front. Thanks to pop-tart for welding up the rear spring perches. I recently moved into a new house and won't have my 220 for my compressor, plasma, and welder till tomorrow.

IMG_20110807_174432.jpg

IMG_20110807_204538.jpg

IMG_20110807_204552.jpg

IMG_20110808_201916.jpg

IMG_20110808_215916.jpg

IMG_20110808_215928.jpg

IMG_20110810_142926.jpg

Where'd it all go?

IMG_20110811_081047.jpg

Setting up the gears at the shop today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did I miss this??? Nice Work!!! I am pretty partial to 95 Sports.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Looks like it works good, judging from the video needs some shocks, lots of rebound

Coils are way to stiff.

My brother has 5.5 super flex early bronco coils in the front of his explorer they are mint

That's what I used when I built it, owner swapped them out for very stiff skyjackers.

Sky jacker coils >.< last coils I would ever buy

Wheres that track at? i'm in Saginaw

It was torn down the day after the comp. It was in Sand Lake.

did he get any vids/pics of the drummond island run? planning a trip up there in september and ive never been before

That is one of my favorite places. Try and get up there as often as I can, which isn't enough lol.

That is one of my favorite places. Try and get up there as often as I can, which isn't enough lol.

check the stickies in the run planning forum, i have a thread there for a color run the last weekend in september

I'll be on my way to Moab the last Friday in Sept. :D

However there is DOA on drummond in mid august along with a GLFWDA meeting on the island.

The problem is that im going to The Badlands in mid august with RRORC, and im dead set on a color run this year and wont be able to swing CCR

If your there on the weekend, have to try the biscuits and gravy at the Bear Track inn. He only serves it on the weekend and its damn good.

I will for sure, im planning to leave thursday morning and hoping to hell to make the last ferry (its a 9hr drive without any stops)

I ended up picking up the explorer from the owner that john built it for. I swapped out the springs back for the super flex.
explorer002.jpg

explorer005.jpg

explorer004.jpg

Now it needs some sliders
explorer007.jpg

explorer009.jpg

Aw man!! Sliders, pronto!!!

Haven't seen this build, until now! How is that? Wish I could (would) have done this with my 96!

Glad to see it got passed to another forum member!

did some up grades to the explorer the past couple of months. i broke the steering gear box so when i had it off realized that the frame was starting to buckle on the drivers side. i ended up plating both sides of the frame rail.
007_zps2f5146e0.jpg

The factory track bar mount was cracking so i built a new one- shouldn't have a problem its 3/16 plate. also had to get an adjustable track bar
006_zps3bd2b08f.jpg

some how the 9 inch 3rd member cracked and it was blowing oil out of it so i bought a axle that was set up the same for spool and gears and swapped it in. it had disc brakes so i also installed them. i had to get one inch wheel spacers because of how the wheels were made.
005_zps20ca5469.jpg

love that front bumper setup! kick ass job.

Back