The Force Awakens... 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 5.0L Swap! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Force Awakens... 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 5.0L Swap!

Still not done. Changed jobs, went back to school, Ranger sat in my storage unit for months.

Yesterday I got the ECU in, wiring harness ran, engine/transmission is in the truck. Everything bolted in place perfectly. Might luck out and the driveshaft sure looks close to fitting, had to get a different transmision yolk. I have plenty of pictures, just no motivatino to post just yet. Photobucket is screwing with everyone's photos anyways.

But, slowly but surely, it's coming along. Been thinking about getting another 1st gen explorer like my first one, 33's and a cold a/c and it'd be a good little around town truck... hmm...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Host pics on the site. Your elite, it's one of the benefits.

You swap progress sounds like mine. I spent a year and a half tinkering at it until I had enough play money to finish it up. Start to finish on my v8 swap was about 2 years only working on it on weekends and what not. Once I had the fuel system in and exhaust past the transmission I felt I was almost there and worked like 3 days straight to get it running and driving. Since then I've put 15k hard miles on it and haven't regretted it a bit.

Yea, once I get serious time on it I get so much done. But man, getting that time is tough. I live in an apartment, so my storage unit with parts/tools is 30 minutes one way, and then the truck is another 20 minutes 90' west of the storage unit. But it's coming together. Slowly but surely. What'd you do for your tune? I have a speed shop locally that says they can do it, but just wondering if there's another source out there now.

If you're in Virginia Beach still, when I come up in the Spring, we'll have to catch up and compare. 01 Lifted V8 vs a 01 Lowered V8. I saw your ebay auctions site, help me get this damn transmission fill tube!

I'll check around the shop to see if I have one. I'm running a 97 computer with a canned sct tune at the moment. It runs extremely well with the cam in it now.

My shop is less than 2 mi from the oceanfront. I'm down to meet up if you come into town.

who is the go to now for tunes? When I bought the motor, I got an Explorer ECU with an SCT XCal 3 that's paired to it. The injectors I put on my motor are 24#'s vs 17/19 on the motor I bought. So I know that needs to be changed. I'd buy the software myself if I knew what I was doing, but I don't.

LaSota racing definatly the way to go

Back