The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Have they stopped taking orders for the 2016s yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have they stopped taking orders for the 2016s yet?
Orders for the 2016 models close today according to Ford's schedule.

Peter

Waiting for my "Ex"

Just an update, I could not obtain my window sticker because my sales rep flipped a letter and a number in my VIN. Now, equipped with the correct VIN "research maniacs" produced my "window sticker", and EDIS had all of the build info.
Built on March 7th, Ford Canada says delivery is between March 22 and March 29th.

Dealer says, "early next week", (March 21st-23rd) he said it was "passing through Markham Yards", on Monday, March 14th.
They are predicting it will get placed on a train car this week, (March 14th) and it will be delivered during the last week of the month, after reading the threads on this forum, that sounds believable as long as everything goes smooth without any major storms or delays. The Easter weekend might cause a delay but only a couple of days. But, nobody seem sure of anything !!!

UPS and FED-EX give me better tracking info on a $10.00 package from Amazon!!

Does anyone have any way to track a VIN after it arrives in "Markham Yards" ?

I expect it is only via the dealer(who I do not want to bug every day) when they receive the train car number ! The dealer in Moncton says, once it is loaded on a train car, on average it is in Moncton 9 days later. BUT, when is it on the train car???
We are going to Florida on Monday, March 28th, with the "EX" or with the trade-in(F-150) depending on a train schedule !!

If the "Ex" is not here by March 24th, I will say "see ya in May" !!

Hope to see it by the 24th !! Is it possible ?????

Just an update, I could not obtain my window sticker because my sales rep flipped a letter and a number in my VIN. Now, equipped with the correct VIN "research maniacs" produced my "window sticker", and EDIS had all of the build info.
Built on March 7th, Ford Canada says delivery is between March 22 and March 29th.

Dealer says, "early next week", (March 21st-23rd) he said it was "passing through Markham Yards", on Monday, March 14th.
They are predicting it will get placed on a train car this week, (March 14th) and it will be delivered during the last week of the month, after reading the threads on this forum, that sounds believable as long as everything goes smooth without any major storms or delays. The Easter weekend might cause a delay but only a couple of days. But, nobody seem sure of anything !!!

UPS and FED-EX give me better tracking info on a $10.00 package from Amazon!!

Does anyone have any way to track a VIN after it arrives in "Markham Yards" ?

I expect it is only via the dealer(who I do not want to bug every day) when they receive the train car number ! The dealer in Moncton says, once it is loaded on a train car, on average it is in Moncton 9 days later. BUT, when is it on the train car???
We are going to Florida on Monday, March 28th, with the "EX" or with the trade-in(F-150) depending on a train schedule !!

If the "Ex" is not here by March 24th, I will say "see ya in May" !!

Hope to see it by the 24th !! Is it possible ?????

If there is a way you can get a railcar number I can look it up at work and track it. I doubt they keep track of which vehicles go in what car but its worth a shot.

Usually they will install any aftermarket accessories, remove packaging material, final inspection, give it a cleaning to go over it and see if there is anything not correct, dings etc. and fill it up with gas. Usually can be done in a day, but that also depends a little on tech availability.

Thank You. Curious to know what the tech guy does? make sure the electronics are all working?

Thank You. Curious to know what the tech guy does? make sure the electronics are all working?
Your salesperson should go over all the vehicle's features with you and you should also do a complete inspection yourself. Check that you have the navigation card if you have navigation. It should be an A7 S/D card.

Peter

Thank you. Yes i did get the navigation option, so the card will be in the vehicle already loaded with the programming? i wont have to do that myself will I? Any other tips for looking at the vehicle upon leaving the dealership with it?

Thanks

Your salesperson should go over all the vehicle's features with you and you should also do a complete inspection yourself. Check that you have the navigation card if you have navigation. It should be an A7 S/D card.

Peter

Sorry forgot to quote your message. Thank you, is there any other advice or things i should know to look at when picking up the vehicle from dealership? Yes i did get the navigation on my 202A. Also will the card be in the vehicle already loaded with the navigation programming? thank you

Got a call this afternoon that my Explorer should be ready for pickup Monday or Tuesday next week.

Sorry forgot to quote your message. Thank you, is there any other advice or things i should know to look at when picking up the vehicle from dealership? Yes i did get the navigation on my 202A. Also will the card be in the vehicle already loaded with the navigation programming? thank you
Not much to do with the navigation but to insert the card if not already done. You might ask the salesperson to help pair your phone to the Bluetooth system if that is unfamiliar to you. Coming from the factory it should have the latest MFT software which is 3.8. Ensure that the code for the keyless entry pad is in the glove box along with the manuals.

Peter

Our new Explorer Limited came in a few days early. Got it today. Exactly 8 weeks from order date on Jan. 22nd.

23jvgo.jpg

2q3cd2v.jpg

Delivery of Explorers in Canada

From reading the threads it appears the Canadian bound Explorers move to the CN Terminal "Markham Yard" in Chicago and head North to the yard in Brampton, Ontario.
Do the units destined for the East Coast travel by train to the CN Moncton yard or are they transported by truck ?

From reading the threads it appears the Canadian bound Explorers move to the CN Terminal "Markham Yard" in Chicago and head North to the yard in Brampton, Ontario.
Do the units destined for the East Coast travel by train to the CN Moncton yard or are they transported by truck ?
I don't know for sure but I would think that they all leave the factory by rail and then ship to regional or provincial drop-off centres where they are then loaded onto transport trucks for dealer delivery. Just a guess.

Peter

Explorer Deliveries

Thanks Peter,
I just found the "Transit Times" of the CN Inter-Modal System and Markham Yards to Moncton NB is 9 days(after loading). My sales rep has said a number of times "it takes nine days after it is loaded in Markham Yards", but I never asked him about the routing.

Last Monday his "Visibility Report" had it "passing thru Markham Yards".

Good news, I should receive it this week if there where no major delays in loading!!!

tracking

Waiting for mine to be built 4/5:)

Ordered on March 17th, order was received March 21st. Just given the Vin number today and it is in order processing.

Our timeline...
  1. Put down our order deposit on 2/28
  2. Initially told (before we put deposit down) ~6 weeks...which changed to "maybe 12 weeks" after putting deposit down, LOL
  3. Ford "received" order on 3/3 (I hear it's a once a week Thursday thing)
  4. Built on 3/26
  5. Received the VIN a few days later
  6. Arrived in NCAL on 4/8
  7. "Released on 4/13
  8. Dealership called on 4/14
  9. Picked up on 4/15 (give Tax Day a new...and better meaning/spin)
All things considered, a relatively pleasant and problem/surprise free experience and they got everything correct on the order (requested the DORA early on for that as well, but also reassuring when we saw the window sticker online too).

Our timeline...
  1. Put down our order deposit on 2/28
  2. Initially told (before we put deposit down) ~6 weeks...which changed to "maybe 12 weeks" after putting deposit down, LOL
  3. Ford "received" order on 3/3 (I hear it's a once a week Thursday thing)
  4. Built on 3/26
  5. Received the VIN a few days later
  6. Arrived in NCAL on 4/8
  7. "Released on 4/13
  8. Dealership called on 4/14
  9. Picked up on 4/15 (give Tax Day a new...and better meaning/spin)
All things considered, a relatively pleasant and problem/surprise free experience and they got everything correct on the order (requested the DORA early on for that as well, but also reassuring when we saw the window sticker online too).
Usually the VIN is available about a week or more before the build.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered: 1/15/16
Built: 3/24/16
Shipped: 4/3/16
Arrived at auto ramp: 4/7/16
"Lost" at auto ramp: 4/7-4/19/16
Arrived at dealer: 4/20/16
Delivered to me: 4/22/16

Back