The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Usually the VIN is available about a week or more before the build.

Peter

I was a bit bummed when we finally got our VIN and discovered our Explorer had already been built. Things moved faster than we thought they would and when I called for the VIN, I thought I was ahead of the game. Ford was faster!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picked up the 2016 Sport last Sunday 4/24. It was ordered on 2/23 and built on 4/2.

Gave it a good wash, then applied Adam's Polishes H2O Guard & Gloss to the compete exterior, other than the tires. Seals the paint, plastic trim, rubber window trim, glass and everything else.

It is a water-activated acrylic sealant that is sprayed onto the wet vehicle, spread with plush microfiber towel that is wet, then buffed with a dry microfiber towel. This sealant provides about 2 months of protection and has some very nice gloss.

20160424_195341.jpg

20160424_195253.jpg

20160424_195206.jpg

The interior was vacuumed, wiped down, and then conditioned with Leather Conditioner on the seats, dash, steering wheel, door panels, basically all the leather and texture plastic surfaces. This product provides UV protection, and will keep the leather from drying out and cracking.

Picked up the 2016 Sport last Sunday 4/24. It was ordered on 2/23 and built on 4/2.

Gave it a good wash, then applied Adam's Polishes H2O Guard & Gloss to the compete exterior, other than the tires. Seals the paint, plastic trim, rubber window trim, glass and everything else.

It is a water-activated acrylic sealant that is sprayed onto the wet vehicle, spread with plush microfiber towel that is wet, then buffed with a dry microfiber towel. This sealant provides about 2 months of protection and has some very nice gloss.

View attachment 90087

View attachment 90088

View attachment 90089

The interior was vacuumed, wiped down, and then conditioned with Leather Conditioner on the seats, dash, steering wheel, door panels, basically all the leather and texture plastic surfaces. This product provides UV protection, and will keep the leather from drying out and cracking.

Man, I have to say you know your coatings. Looks sweet. I also notice you went magnetic and have to wonder why you left the darkside? :scratch:

Man, I have to say you know your coatings. Looks sweet. I also notice you went magnetic and have to wonder why you left the darkside? :scratch:

Hahaha...thanks!

Yes, we went back and forth on the colors between black and Magnetic. Went with Magnetic Metallic because the non-metallic Shadow Black looked a little plain compared to the Tuxedo Black Metallic on the Raptor. The Ex is the wife's DD, and she likes all the sparkles in the paint!

That sealant is quick and easy to apply. It took the two of us about 30 minutes to apply to the whole vehicle, and since it goes on while the vehicle is wet, you skip the drying step of the wash. It also helps to have two people to work faster. I sprayed the product on and spread it with the wet towel, and she came behind me to buff out with the dry towel.

I called my dealer yesterday to check in on my 2017 order, assuming there would be little or no news. He said there was no word on mine, but that it sounds like they're going to start building '17s for dealer stock this week. Is he completely misinformed, or has anyone else heard something similar? The schedule shows that they won't start '17 production for another month, so if they're a month early that's potentially exciting news! Not that I'm getting my hopes up...

I called my dealer yesterday to check in on my 2017 order, assuming there would be little or no news. He said there was no word on mine, but that it sounds like they're going to start building '17s for dealer stock this week. Is he completely misinformed, or has anyone else heard something similar? The schedule shows that they won't start '17 production for another month, so if they're a month early that's potentially exciting news! Not that I'm getting my hopes up...

My 2016 is scheduled for the last week of May... so if they are working on both model years, then I see it is possible the 17's would be worked on, but if not... then they really do mean the 7th of June

And I just got a call that our build date has been moved back to June 17th.... so who knows????

And I just got a call that our build date has been moved back to June 17th.... so who knows????
That is interesting. The production start date for the 2017 models is June 6th. Unless that has changed, I can't see them building 2016 and 2017 models at the same time.

Peter

That is interesting. The production start date for the 2017 models is June 6th. Unless that has changed, I can't see them building 2016 and 2017 models at the same time.

Peter

Unless my dealer meant May 17th????? Though he said June 3 different times.

On-line has a tentative delivery date of June 23rd.

^ Online delivery date? Where are you checking that? Is it the COTUS site?

Dang. I can't get COTUS to work for either my vehicle or another that our household has on order.

FMC CS confirmed that other car is in production, but they can't find my Explorer with the order number. Yikes. I'll share a build date if I get one..

Update: My Explorer is still in order processing. Dang. No VIN, build date, or anything yet.

New to the Forum and my 1st Post.
Ordered by 2016 Sport on 4/13. Dealer says estimated build date is last week of May.
The very few times I was able to get info from COTUS says still "In Progress"... but was just able to get in COTUS now and it went through.. now has a delivery date of 6/22.

Love and Hate this forum!! Love all the info... Hate the more I'm on this Forum the more impatient I get.

New to the Forum and my 1st Post.
Ordered by 2016 Sport on 4/13. Dealer says estimated build date is last week of May.
The very few times I was able to get info from COTUS says still "In Progress"... but was just able to get in COTUS now and it went through.. now has a delivery date of 6/22.

Love and Hate this forum!! Love all the info... Hate the more I'm on this Forum the more impatient I get.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Peter

2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Order Date: 3/23
Received VIN: 3/30
Window Sticker Available: 4/14
Build Date: 4/18
Dealership Received vehicles: 5/7

I'll be picking it up later this week so it took 7 weeks from order date to pick up date.

Got a build date on my 2017... 6/6/16!

So, do we name my new Explorer "the Devil?"

I know! I got lucky... I need this car ASAP...

(Don't we all...)

Got a build date on my 2017... 6/6/16!

So, do we name my new Explorer "the Devil?"

Congrats! When did you place your order? I'm curious as to how long it took for you to get a build date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last emails... sometime around 4/21, maybe a day before or so.

Back