The future for my 2002 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The future for my 2002 Explorer Sport

DONE!

02_ExpSuspFrnt_3_sm.JPG

02_ExpSuspFrnt_4_sm.JPG

Re-used all the bolts... don't hate me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! It's a good feeling to have brand new parts on your vehicle. Nice deal on your tools, too!
Now head to an alignment shop soon. :)

Looks great! It's a good feeling to have brand new parts on your vehicle. Nice deal on your tools, too!
Now head to an alignment shop soon. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I'm planning on it. Maybe tomorrow. I drove it around town today and it actually drove REALLY well, surprisingly. It pulls every so slightly to the right after a few seconds if I am driving straight and not holding the steering wheel.

I live a couple of miles from a Ford dealership, so I'll just take it there. REALLY happy though with the way the car feels. With the new springs in the back, and the new control arms and ball joints in the front with the new shocks... it really feels like a brand new car.

Good job! :thumbsup: Did you install camber kits? Remember to grease the ball joints until
the boots just slightly bulge as they are not usually filled from the manufacturer.

Good job! :thumbsup: Did you install camber kits? Remember to grease the ball joints until
the boots just slightly bulge as they are not usually filled from the manufacturer.

No, I didn't. I ended up re-using the stock bolts and eccentric plates. I thought about it, but wanted to get it done pretty quickly.

I just dropped it off at the Ford dealership and rode my bike back. I asked them to adjust / check the camber, and to give me an alignment.

Yeah, I greased the ball joints, but I'll check them again since I didn't see them bulge.

Thanks for the help / advice guys!

Next, I'll do the front brakes... just didn't feel like tackling that.

Just got it back from the dealership... drives really nice, very pleased.

Back