The Good Food Thread | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

The Good Food Thread

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
I want a thread where people can talk about good food... good fast food items, good dinner items, recipies, anything involving food.
Two things: lets not turn this into a diet thread... this is for completly enjoyable food (I don't care if it is low fat, but I wanna find some yummy stuff) and lets not turn this into another best alcholic drink thread (we already have one of those).

Today I had the 'new' KFC popcorn chicken and boneless chicken wings... both were extremly good with the KFC hot sauce mixed with a tad of ketchup.
I am also trying to find a nice italian dish, I love pasta but I have a few kinds that I commonly make, and I am wondering if anyone has a nice pasta style dish that is a favorite..

PS: Don't think I am a freak, I am starting this thread because one of my favorite things to do in life is eat... and I do it as often as my body lets me :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Taco Bell has this great new edition to their menu called 'Fresco Style' You can get any item ordered fresco style and they substitute the unhealthy sourcream and nappy cheese and stuff for fresh tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. I love it. I know its not a diet thread, but I hated eating taco hell b/c of how bad it was for ya. Now I can get chicken soft taco's fresco style and not have that greazy feeling or upset stomach ~ and there's only 4 grams of fat per taco. :D

Other good food.... Johnsonville beer brats... I live for those things! That and a nice AmberBock to drink ;)

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
In and Out Burger :) Animal Style with grilled onions :)

williecume

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt & 98 mounti
i like to make and eat saurkraut (sp?) and sausage. using only one pan.

get one 15 oz can of saurkraut and 1 package of sausage (ecrich (sp?) mesquite flavored you can subsitute your personal choice).

cut the sausage into 1/4" slices and then cut the slices in half, cook in a pan on the stove. drain the saurkraut and rinse (if you prefer) then when the sausage is cooked (dont drain the grease) cook the saurkraut (as much as you want, you dont have to cook the entire amount). let the 'kraut soak up the grease, stirring when needed (dont let it burn). the 'kraut should turn to a golden brown or not (i'v had some that didnt). taste to see if it needs to cook more. serve and eat.

well at least my family likes it. it's pretty good actually.

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
That is good! Good suggestion!
I also like chimichura (Sp?) steak strips.... it is flank steak with an oil based seasoning and lemon accents... its freaking good!

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
Filpino Food!!!!! LUMPIA~~~~

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Originally posted by clarkkent

YEAH!

Flan and adobo too!

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
One of my personal favorite things in a dish is lime. That is one reason why I love mexican food. Anyone know of any good lime based dishes?
Also, any good hot-n-spicey dishes. I love something that makes you sweat :)

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
sushi with wasabi! mmmmm

annabanana

Reaction score
City, State
In Sextion's Room
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 F250 PSD
have you ever had the tortilla chips that have lime flavor on them? i forget who makes them, i think its tostidos....yuuum!

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Nothing like a good Filet Mignon, London Broil, or Prime Rib :D

matey

Aussie Dude
Reaction score
City, State
Sydney NSW Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Black 01 xlt explorer
i could eat bacon eggs every day not that horrible bacon you have in the us though
and free range eggs from happy chickens

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
Philly Cheese Steak! from Philly or the surrounding area. Not this Jack in the Crack junk. If your not within 30 miles of Philly, Don't get it. And not from a franchise, from a little Mom and Pop place that they are the main point of sale at the resteraunt. Has to have American Cheese and Fried Onions.

hinkle_e

Reaction score
City, State
Coatesville, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5.0L AWD
I definately have to agree w/ jimabena74...sushi and/or sashimi w/ wasabi and soy accompanied by some ginger and sake on the side...although I have yet to find anything here on the east coast that even remotely resembles the sushi I've had on the west coast!

Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
Awww I am hungry and I see this thread...
thanks a lot fellas

errg
I could use a 12oz. Filet from Tucker's Place in St. Louis (best filet I've ever had) right now, medium well, with baked potato and a glass of water...

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
For a good dip. Take a can of Dennisons hot chilly beans or cancarne style. A block of Philly cream cheese and some jalepenoes and some of the jalepenoe juice, heat and eat. And fritos dip style corn chips. Its very tasty but shhhhhh dont tell anyone its and ancient chinese secret!!!

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Originally posted by clarkkent

I second this. Plus my all time favorite junk food- FUNNEL CAKE with strawberry flavored ice cream on top! :)

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
ok, i was looking in the freezer the other day and decided to get creative. 2 hotdogs, grilled or fried (i perfer grilled) chopped up into little pieces, and mixed into a filly cooked package of Lean Cuizine (SP?) fettuchine alfredo. absolutely delicious. hot dog fettuchine alfredo is the greatest thing ever made.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

'96explorereddiebauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clemmons, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Honda Accord EX-L
My parents own a Japanese/Chinese restaurant and I really really love the Terriyaki Chicken and the sushi there.