The Green Buffalo | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Green Buffalo

Note -- Most of you know this as easys94 .The rig did not have a name, I got to make a major run - Moab 2015. The rig got its name there. Anthony (aka Suicide77) is one that put the tag on it. So it will be the Green Buffalo or just the Buffalo for short

I picked up a 94 EB 2d last night from Jay in Plano Tx. I need to thank Jay for all the work he has put into this rig. Hopefully I can keep it going. I also need to thank Kris Guilbeaux and Mike(TexasArmadillio) for puting me on to this last week at the meet in Elgin. I wasnt looking for a new rig, but after hearing them talk about it , I had to check it out - now its mine:D

Mike (reaper) and I took it out to city lake earlier and gave it a little test run,they had most of the trails closed(dont know why) but still had fun. Its AWESOME.
Mike has some pics he will post in a little.

This one I took at the house
010.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Robert had it running for the flushing when i got here. Motor sounds great, got video, now just have to learn how to post video.

Great vids bro.
x-1-31.jpg

After Mike left, I did more on the back. Got it bout where I want it. Still need to screw every thing together, put hinges on and maybe paint it and a few other little things :D

x-1-31-2.jpg

x-1-31-3.jpg

Alright!!! So glad to see it moving again!! How's that motor running?

Almost there!!!!

Hood back on

002_zpsprwgcndr.jpg

Bumper remounted

003_zpswbdypcwu.jpg

004_zps2ubvkxkt.jpg

005_zps3ul5tuja.jpg

A couple more things to do before road test, but that will be completed soon!:hammer: :burnout: :smoke:

[MENTION=173980]easymc[/MENTION] now getting to run his trailing lights, and more to come.

IMG_04491_zps7p0aujqy.jpg

IMG_04501_zpsso5idjoz.jpg

Road test to come soon.

A down the road test and The Buffalo passed with flying colors!!!!

IMG_04551_zpsmmuuzyi0.jpg

IMG_04541_zpsplnbwltw.jpg

Only had a small ditch to run it thru, but it's better than nothing. (click on image to play video)

th_IMG_04581_zpssxb5up5v.jpg

Finally some mud on the tires.

IMG_04591_zps9sxwq30n.jpg

The easymc salvage yard starter kit.

IMG_04601_zpswkmdnxrj.jpg

It has been a few years since I logged in. I was talking about this truck and decided I would come check on it. Kinda wish I had been following along, I probably could have cleared up a few of your WTF moments (like how to disconnect the slave on the trans, the plastic piece is missing). I miss this truck on a regular basis, and am glad it is still in service getting used.

Hey Jay, I was wondering if you were still around. The rig has been great ,made it to Moab last year, had a few little things that needed to be worked out. Its now ready for this year.

Hey Jay, I was wondering if you were still around. The rig has been great ,made it to Moab last year, had a few little things that needed to be worked out. Its now ready for this year.

I don't come around here often anymore. Not going to lie though, when I logged in today part of me was hoping to see the ol girl back up for sale!!

Glad it has been good to you. I had it out in Moab with the group back in 2000 (I think). What an amazing place. I felt bad reading though and seeing the issues you had. So many years sitting idle probably took a toll on it. Glad is wasn't anything major and you got to enjoy your trip.

Truck is looking great, I love what you have been doing to it.

Since you and the Green Buffalo just got back from Moab, looking for new pics of it in action on the trails to be posted here in your build thread!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Back