The haunted Explorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The haunted Explorer

Originally posted by Billy177
my aunt was having the same prolblem cleaning the computer harness with electrical contact cleaner fixed it

I removed the harness from the computer today. I then sprayed the connectors on the computer and also sprayed the wholes on the harness.

I remembered back last year when I installed the Apten Chip the computer had some gue on the connectors where the harness plugs in. So I cleaned that crap off with the Electrical cleaner.

I guess we will see if this did the trick?

However after I read your post I gave it some thought. If a dirty harness was the culprit the Apten chip would most likely not work, correct? Plus there would be other symtoms I would guess.

Btw, my brother picked up a new IAC. The new IAC fixed the strange idle at a cold start and seemed to take care of the slight lack of accelertaion. But did not take care of the hard start.

Does anyone know why the IAC's on this truck keeps going bad??? It's the third one in three years!!!! There must be something going on with this truck for the IAC to fail so quickly...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the apten would work just with the same problems you had before.

No, im saying if the computer harness was dirty and causing hard starts wouldnt the Apten Chip not work? Or there would be other symptoms.

we are both talking about the harness on the front of the computer right not the back. all apten does is overides the settings in the ecu and uses the ettings in the chip

Yes im talking about the plug that connects to the computer.

My logic is, if the harness is dirty or whatever and is causing hard starts then the Apten chip wouldnt work properly.

Btw, cleaning the harness didnt work. We got a hard start last night. And the fuel pump continues to run longer then the normal 3 sec.

Thanks

do you have access to a scanner?

I have access to a OBD-1, but Im no good with it.

Scanning for codes has been done numerous times, and none were found. This is one of the reasons it's so difficult to find the problem of course.

is the 95obd1 or obd2 something sounds fishy check the timing and the imput from the maf. also check the iat as this has an effect on the timing also

Yup the 95 is OBD1.

I'll look into the timing thing and the MAF, although the MAF is fairly new.

Back