the high school parking lot (pictures) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

the high school parking lot (pictures)

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
umm... hmm..... i dont really see any problem with them parking like that. take a look: 2 cars, parked in 2 spaces. i think its funny! lighten up guys! first your gonna put his hubcaps on the roof, then your gonna key their cars, whats next, light their cars on fire because they pulled a prank, that if you figure it out, diddnt actually do any harm to anybody whatsoever? who is the victim of this crime? why do they deserve punishment for having a sense of humor?

if anything, punish that kid for buying those spinners.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
98XLTLMEdition said:
i would have keyed there cars...lucky you didnt go to our highschool some one parked in my freinds spot so we took my ex and towed the car out of the spot and onto a main road and left it there to teach em a lesson damn freshmen.

:rolleyes: immaturity strikes again

<

Critical_Level2

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ridley Park, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS R.I.P.
FourXFred said:
if anything, punish that kid for buying those spinners.

I have those same spinners on my dakota. Its just a base model 4x4 with ugly steel wheels and those spinners look decent on it.

Back to the topic. You could find a couple of trailers, put one at either end of the cars, then leave the trailers there totally blocking them in. You wouldn't be doing any damage to their vehicles, so you would not have to worry about them getting revenge and taking it out on your truck and other surrounding cars.

<

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
FourXFred said:
first your gonna put his hubcaps on the roof, ..................... whats next, light their cars on fire because they pulled a prank

umm, hmm Fred, how do you begin to make the connection from putting the guy's hubcaps on the lower roof (12' in the air, a prank) to setting someone's car on fire (grand arsen)?!?! Others need to lighten up?

<

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
I had my (then brand new) '93 X Sport keyed from front to rear on the driver's side all of a few months after it was delivered to me. Was a pretty expensive insurance claim because they had to re-paint a good portion of the driver's side. Who knows what motivated them to do it. All I can tell is someone didn't like the fact my brand spankin' new SUV was just too shiny.

As my wife put it tonight, anyhow who keys a car should be subjected to physical harm. My wife is a pacificist. 'Nuff said.

<

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
well robb, you can easily make that connection if you... umm.... ok, there is no connection. it just seemed like what people wanted to do to their cars was getting more and more extreme, and what comes after keying someones car, burning it?. actualy, i think it would be wicked funny to put his hubcaps on the roof, reguardless of his parking job. i just dont see why people are getting all bent out of shape over this, thats all.

<

davesexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F350 7.3
hilhi2005 said:
At my HS that kind of stuff would of gotten the peoples tires flat, or knifed, and the car would of probly been keyed to say "I AM AN INCONCIDERATE PERSON", among other things, on top of having there ability to park at school revolked. :hammer:

what I say, you key my car, I key you... you knife my car, I knife you.... capische? :thumbdwn:

Hubcap thing was funny though.... :D

<

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
People get bent out of shape when they abide by the rules and a few other "bad" apples don't. The building where I work has plenty of parking (350 spaces), yet some people would always make their own parking spaces close to the building (usually close to other cars). People complained and the violators were told by the building dept to only park in valid spots. After a few weeks the violators were back making their own spots again... This cycle continued for a year until the president of the company (2000+ employees) sent out an E-mail stating he would be getting a daily list from the building dept of all parking violators.. Sure enough some violators tested the waters and got a little phone call from the president (announced over the intercom system). Needless to say we have NO more parking problems...When the big guy calls you into his office to talk about your parking habits you're up $hiTs Creek :eek: ....

Moral of the story: Talk/write to the people in power as they are the ones who will be able to take action. I would take the pics and show the principle of the school. He/She should take action. If not, write a letter to the school dept letting them know of the problem (with pics); and mention your principal/school was made aware, but took no action. If your principal can't manage a parking lot how can he manage hundreds of students?

<

odxtoxic

Reaction score
City, State
Windom, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Merc. Mounty
i showed this thread to the guy who drives the green jeep over MSN and he got very very mad at me for putting these pictures on the internet

he was very upset with the fact that i might take them to the principal and now parks normal, i even got a picture of the day after, he parked almost better then i did, so problem solved, thanks guys :)

parkinglot5.jpg

<

TheJMan

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Mazda 3 Hatchback
Some friends of mine did that at my school last year. All they did was give a warning, call you out of class, and the assistant principal asked you questions and made sure that you know how to park correctly.

Why did they do it? They wanted to see the drawings that the security people would draw on the conduct referral sheets, it would crack them up.

BTW: Sweet Mounty

<

99SportX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ex & Mounty
Welcome to MN man. This is typical of any high school lot. In the winter, people park like crazy because there are no lines. People don't have the ability to park without lines. Our lot should look like this: || and it looks like this: /\ pathetic. I once used to take up two spaces, because I didn't want the X to get scratched, but then stopped, even though there were plenty of extra spaces on the lot. I then resorted to what you are doing. Park on the end, and right on the line. It makes it almost impossible for a door to hit it (except when the person next to you can't park at all).

<

odxtoxic

Reaction score
City, State
Windom, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Merc. Mounty
\99sport\ said:
Park on the end, and right on the line. It makes it almost impossible for a door to hit it (except when the person next to you can't park at all).

i hear you completly, there are many time where people will come into the parking lot, thinking they are hot stuff when the lot is just glazed with ice.....i cringe durring the winter because of all the big egos that are around

i have gotten very lucky latley with getting that same parking spot all week

do you go to college up in duluth, i have been thinking of going to the UMD

<

99SportX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ex & Mounty
odxtoxic said:
do you go to college up in duluth, i have been thinking of going to the UMD

Actually, I am at the U of M Twin Cities. My friend "Explorer X" on this site goes to UMD. He has a 98 X.

Parking lots are the craziest, and you have to be really super smart to keep your car scratch free these days, because there are so few with respect for an automobile. Some people don't think its bad to rest their door against another car. I saw that in my HS lot and I about spazzed out. If it was my car, who knows what would have happened. :shoot: :fire:

<

hilhi2005

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lewis, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mounty V8 AWD
davesexplorer said:
what I say, you key my car, I key you... you knife my car, I knife you.... capische? :thumbdwn:

Amen, that is why I have stopped driving my car to school as much a possible, to many chances for me to get mad at people because they over react to a bad parking job. Not worth it, Ill just ride the bus.

<