Jade Pearl Update/Build Log | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jade Pearl Update/Build Log

Rolls on, prep is easy just needs to be clean and dust free
I took 120 grit sander to my wife’s 07 FJ cruiser factory paint it was so much fun
Was yellow FJ, now she’s dark green ;)
171_191443_000000004.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know the black one aint, but I did kind of like the look. Deciding if I want a two tone or not..kind of like the idea of black with green striping like that black one or solid black, seen some nice two tones though...I got time to decide 😂
I'll have to keep note of that, may take that route

my wife has had enough of yellow cars
However when the fj first came out she was ready to turn in her 4runner for one. Only choices then were yellow or blue. Blue on had rear locker and TRD stuff = more $$$. We wanted to do dual lockers and gears anyways so.... I ytold her when she paid it off I would paint it for her and change the color. I got off easy!! $400 or so........of course it took 2 weeks, color change on an FJ is NOT easy
So much trim to remove, door jambs, etc......... worth it

Paint job would be more like $4000!!!!!!!

my wife has had enough of yellow cars
However when the fj first came out she was ready to turn in her 4runner for one. Only choices then were yellow or blue. Blue on had rear locker and TRD stuff = more $$$. We wanted to do dual lockers and gears anyways so.... I ytold her when she paid it off I would paint it for her and change the color. I got off easy!! $400 or so........of course it took 2 weeks, color change on an FJ is NOT easy
So much trim to remove, door jambs, etc......... worth it

Paint job would be more like $4000!!!!!!!
Yeah, paint tends to be expensive, as said for the X, couple of shops I talked to estimated $8000 due to the size and specialty paint. Thankfully this truck ain't got a lot of trim to take off
Though door jams will be a pain 😅
Sounds like it came out nicely though

Well, moved around some decor to look nicer, plus now things are seen from all around the truck: front, back and interior.
Also, finally got around to wiring up my halos, nab a picture of those tonight

PicsArt_07-13-03.34.39.jpg PicsArt_07-13-03.33.52.jpg PicsArt_07-13-03.32.45.jpg

I do want to get a dont tread of me flag, maybe get a hitch mounted flag pole and fly it when I go camping or something

Dash has a snake, hitch has a snake. How would I throw it on the roof without anything to mount to!? 😂
The bed, maybe, as said, want either some bed bars or a headache rack, maybe a rack till I can afford to make it more of an offroad build. So I can zip tie some skulls or something to the backside of the rack under the pods or something! We'll see!

I do want to get a dont tread of me flag, maybe get a hitch mounted flag pole and fly it when I go camping or something

Dash has a snake, hitch has a snake. How would I throw it on the roof without anything to mount to!? 😂
The bed, maybe, as said, want either some bed bars or a headache rack, maybe a rack till I can afford to make it more of an offroad build. So I can zip tie some skulls or something to the backside of the rack under the pods or something! We'll see!
hmm ok. wish we still had the EF flags for the antennae, would like to have one of those someday.

forgot dash does. drill into the roof and add one 😂

yeah!

hmm ok. wish we still had the EF flags for the antennae, would like to have one of those someday.

forgot dash does. drill into the roof and add one 😂

yeah!
The only thing getting drill into the roof, is this, and this only 😂

20220702_141442(0).jpg

Ohhh yes...finally, not bad looking! Really need to get some with the actual camera, still exposed too much on the phone. More to come, hopefully soon

20220714_213448(0).jpg 20220714_213436.jpg

The only thing getting drill into the roof, is this, and this only 😂

View attachment 431588
Wind deflector? If that's what it's called, appears multicolored in the pic. Assuming the water bottle isn't part of the installation, LOL! Is the skull on the hood a bobble head or stationary? I do like the body color, but I'm so partial to green/ blue green.

It's a lund moonvisor, its funky looking because I left it in the bubble wrap to throw it up it there, its actual color is blue, and it's got orange lenses, so its color looks all over the place there 😂
It'll probably be color matched green with black lenses when I'm done. Nah, the water bottle and drill were just holding it, since literally nothing else I had was hefty enough to hold it in place, even those two barely held it 😂

The skull was just laying on the hood, normally zip tied to the grille like now, though it's kind of funny since the jaw moves, the wind as I'm driving will move the mouth a little 😂

Yeah, the color is nice, though yeah, a bit funky. Some spots, especially at the sides of the bed, where the clear coat and paint have faded, there is a slight blue hue at certain angles, but when ya get closer, its definitely green, buts almost similar to an iridescent paint job in that manner. But technically green, cant decide if I want to keep it down the road, or swap fully to black later, kind of like how the green looks on 'er 😂

20220708_132846.jpg 20220702_142348(0).jpg

Wind deflector? If that's what it's called, appears multicolored in the pic. Assuming the water bottle isn't part of the installation, LOL! Is the skull on the hood a bobble head or stationary? I do like the body color, but I'm so partial to green/ blue green.
its a lund visor, there was one on deathrow too ;)

Some examples I've saved off, love the bumper on that second one. The visor may not be everyones cup of tea, but come on, it looks so nice! Plus being lighted, it provides me to be seen better by other drivers, which is good with how much people cut me off as is, and since I drive a decent amount at night

FB_IMG_1657405997027.jpg FB_IMG_1657043249111.jpg FB_IMG_1656465001129.jpg FB_IMG_1656206267827.jpg FB_IMG_1655014789257.jpg FB_IMG_1654744543287.jpg

Some examples I've saved off, love the bumper on that second one. The visor may not be everyones cup of tea, but come on, it looks so nice! Plus being lighted, it provides me to be seen better by other drivers, which is good with how much people cut me off as is, and since I drive a decent amount at night

View attachment 431665 View attachment 431666 View attachment 431667 View attachment 431668 View attachment 431669 View attachment 431670
IMO, you're on to something- Even as tall as our Exes are, can be a visibility prob. to other SUVs and tractor trailers. Lights on these visors would help that. And to me, having a solid visor would solve some of the blinding sunlight coming in at sunset/sunrise, where the interior visors don't block it out at the top! Of course, I'd have to paint it Pacific Green to blend in, or maybe put up with a black visor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO, you're on to something- Even as tall as our Exes are, can be a visibility prob. to other SUVs and tractor trailers. Lights on these visors would help that. And to me, having a solid visor would solve some of the blinding sunlight coming in at sunset/sunrise, where the interior visors don't block it out at the top!
^^^also they look real cool! apparently society doesnt agree with us though! wouldnt mind one on the X, but theyre real pricey 😂 at least my antenna sticks up far and soon my roof basket- at least its no civic!

Back