Jade Pearl Update/Build Log | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jade Pearl Update/Build Log

the dog stole photo #1, nothing else to see there :D
Hey, hey, he helped me out a lot during it so that's fair, almost lost my cool several times trying to find where to wire everything, such a pain trying to route it. Oh, no, here it's against a burning hot tube, oh now it's too close to the fan, oh now it's too far to even reach, it never ended! And as you know already, ended up having to add wire anyway 😂

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, hey, he helped me out a lot during it so that's fair, almost lost my cool several times trying to find where to wire everything, such a pain trying to route it. Oh, no, here it's against a burning hot tube, oh now it's too close to the fan, oh now it's too far to even reach, it never ended! And as you know already, ended up having to add wire anyway 😂
Dont have a picture of the other pup out there, wasn't taking pics till the end product

LOL quite relatable, but dont got the dogs, so just gotta stay cool! and yeah i heard LOL!
Dont have a picture of the other pup out there, wasn't taking pics till the end product
:( add a pic to this thread! :D

I got one of her sitting on the floor board yesterday, she never sits still 😂
Third dog is out of state with family up north currently, be back soon enough 😂

20220728_110446.jpg 20220725_113233.jpg

And here we have it, rear lights are on and wired, straight off the reverse lights and not all the way to front like I did on the X, not being that stupid again. Working nicely, get to see 'em again tonight. Also, the front lightbar is on, but not wired up yet, maybe tonight, not sure when.

Still need Halloween ideas, we're getting closer

View attachment 432334 View attachment 432335 View attachment 432336 View attachment 432337 View attachment 432338 View attachment 432339 View attachment 432340 View attachment 432341 View attachment 432342
If you had room for it on the front of the roof, one of those "crashed witches" with the hat and little broomstick!

BTW my nephew just scored a classic 92 Chevy truck, dark candy apple, 2 door crew cab and roof on the back. Only 137k, I think he said! Stick shift, bought from original owner, very well kept! Good result from a very bad day, someone turned into him and totaled his just-paid-for 06 mopar work minivan - he's a little sore but very SMART and had the Dr. check him out thoroughly!

Okay, officially my favorite chevy thing. This hood lamp, you unwind it to move it where ya need, iirc, theres supposed to be a magnet on the back so it can be mounted on the hood and such, mine don't got that no more, but it's still so handy for working on the truck, as you can see by the length of it here...:

Came with your truck? Or bought it somewhere? Useful for sure!

If you had room for it on the front of the roof, one of those "crashed witches" with the hat and little broomstick!

BTW my nephew just scored a classic 92 Chevy truck, dark candy apple, 2 door crew cab and roof on the back. Only 137k, I think he said! Stick shift, bought from original owner, very well kept! Good result from a very bad day, someone turned into him and totaled his just-paid-for 06 mopar work minivan - he's a little sore but very SMART and had the Dr. check him out thoroughly!
Crew cab is the 4 door though, is it an extended cab, like mine? Only 137k, damn that's nice! Stick, 5 speed? Original owner too, not a fan of the red but if it's in good shape then more power to him! Sucks that he lost the minivan, glad hes okay too, but dang he got himself a way nicer work truck!! Got any pictures yet?

I'll have to look that one up! Can't recall seeing a decor like that off hand, probably have, may be able to work that out? Thinking some bloody hands on the tailgate and along the bed, maybe the front fenders too, hang some bloody hooks and chains from my bed anchors, should be fun!!

Came with your truck? Or bought it somewhere? Useful for sure!
That comes with these trucks, my brothers '94 burban has it too, want to say the Tahoe's had it as well

Very handy since it literally goes beyond the truck! I can work on the rear axle with it if I wanted! 😂

Crew cab is the 4 door though, is it an extended cab, like mine? Only 137k, damn that's nice! Stick, 5 speed? Original owner too, not a fan of the red but if it's in good shape then more power to him! Sucks that he lost the minivan, glad hes okay too, but dang he got himself a way nicer work truck!! Got any pictures yet?

I'll have to look that one up! Can't recall seeing a decor like that off hand, probably have, may be able to work that out? Thinking some bloody hands on the tailgate and along the bed, maybe the front fenders too, hang some bloody hooks and chains from my bed anchors, should be fun!!
1659231724214.png

Thinking of putting one across the grill, on the Green Hornet! (would hide the fact the grille insert is actually blue and not green, ha ha!

Not a huge fan of the switch I used, I like the black ones with a small dot of the color like I used for the visor on the X, little blue dot. This one appears to be a white led with a blue cover and its STUPIDLY bright, the video don't do it justice. It works for now, but I do think I'll have to swap that one out! 😂

If I wasn't worried about blocking a tail light, I'd throw it back there, sadly yeah, not many places to put that, but a neat idea!!
About the nephew's new old Chevy - it's a 92 Silverado 1500, 137K, everything works, he's going to sandblast the rust underneath and put some sheet metal on the doors...Dark candy apple, darker than it looks here. Says it has a 3400 6 cyl. 17mpg combined.

IMG_20220731_102351.jpg

About the nephew's new old Chevy - it's a 92 Silverado 1500, 137K, everything works, he's going to sandblast the rust underneath and put some sheet metal on the doors...Dark candy apple, darker than it looks here. Says it has a 3400 6 cyl. 17mpg combined.

View attachment 432450
Yeah, needs to rust fixing, looks pretty good otherwise! Mine has the holes drilled everywhere down the bed from a previous camper shell like that, but don't
actually have it, have looked into nabbing one though. And yeah, that's the extended cab, so it's got the 4.3l V6 right? 3400 I thought was a 3.4l in later little pontiacs and such? Is she a c(2wd) or k(4wd)? 17mpg makes me guess c1500 since that's around what I seem to get. And I do apologize for all the questions, just genuinely curious about it

Yeah, needs to rust fixing, looks pretty good otherwise! Mine has the holes drilled everywhere down the bed from a previous camper shell like that, but don't
actually have it, have looked into nabbing one though. And yeah, that's the extended cab, so it's got the 4.3l V6 right? 3400 I thought was a 3.4l in later little pontiacs and such? Is she a c(2wd) or k(4wd)? 17mpg makes me guess c1500 since that's around what I seem to get. And I do apologize for all the questions, just genuinely curious about it
2wd (rwd) Not positive about engine except it's a 6 cyl.

That I'm aware of, the 4.3l was the only V6 option it had, so that's my guess. Not the worst thing, could be nicer. Ah, like mine then! Could always be another V6, last guy could've been creative and swapped something funky in! But I want to say the options for the 1500 were the 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7. It's still not the worst engine though, still a fullsize and make its point!

That I'm aware of, the 4.3l was the only V6 option it had, so that's my guess. Not the worst thing, could be nicer. Ah, like mine then! Could always be another V6, last guy could've been creative and swapped something funky in! But I want to say the options for the 1500 were the 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7. It's still not the worst engine though, still a fullsize and make its point!
4300 it is! He's happy as it's more versatile than his Chrysler minivan (although he'd JUST paid it off) Cash on the barrelhead from the idiot's ins. co. and the Silverado was his! Has to drive all over the place with lots of heavy paint and stuff. Thinking about a box trailer as it already has a bumper hitch. Gotta be more durable than a minivan, even those aren't what they used to be when they first came out, too.

Oh these trucks'll take the beatings, shouldn't have much issue hauling paint and equipment around. And being 2wd, trailer of about any kind shouldn't be much issue either! Won't deny its definitely more handy than a minivan, does suck that he just paid it off, but I think it may be worth the result of the truck. Could even swap the engine later on if he wanted a little more oomph since the trans should hook straight to a 5.0 or 5.7 I believe.
You mean the bumper reciever? Or an aftermarket hitch? I personally trust the aftermarket ones over the bumper itself, but use what ya got, plus that amount of weight should be fine on it I suppose.
Most vehicles are less durable now, but that's because they're more oriented around the people, so the truck will crumple but the people inside will be fine, meanwhile these, we get whiplash and such, but the truck may come out with a dent! Which I don't 100% mind, I'll heal, the truck won't 😂

Went up to Lowe's for some bolts, found a nice little twin, made myself feel big 😂

20220801_142032.jpg 20220801_140951.jpg

Also, I busted the hand on my dino pal, so I pulled a new guy out of retirement, at least he doesn't need hands, though he stands differently which is messing with how I mounted the other one 😅
but the Carnotaurus says Hi

20220801_132600.jpg 20220801_132556(0).jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back