Jade Pearl Update/Build Log | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jade Pearl Update/Build Log

The Mud Therapy Photoshoot: most of these areas, should be recognizable if you're familiar with my old threads, attempted to recreate some old photos with her instead. And I do apologize, the shots in the tree cover, are all edited to be brighter, due to me forgetting to change my camera settings and them coming out incredibly dark, so the quality on those is a lil' iffy now lol

IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1178.JPG IMG_1169.JPG InkedIMG_1185_LI.jpg InkedIMG_1188_LI.jpg IMG_1213 (0).jpg IMG_1217 (0).jpg IMG_1223 (0).jpg IMG_1229 (0).jpg IMG_1236 (2).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Mud Therapy Photoshoot: most of these areas, should be recognizable if you're familiar with my old threads, attempted to recreate some old photos with her instead. And I do apologize, the shots in the tree cover, are all edited to be brighter, due to me forgetting to change my camera settings and them coming out incredibly dark, so the quality on those is a lil' iffy now lol

View attachment 434964 View attachment 434967 View attachment 434969 View attachment 434970 View attachment 434971 View attachment 434972 View attachment 434973 View attachment 434974 View attachment 434975 View attachment 434976
I watch him on You Tube, when I saw this episode I thought of you! Looks like all the mud one would want.

I watch him on You Tube, when I saw this episode I thought of you! Looks like all the mud one would want.

May have to check 'em out, was fun to watch! Just makes me want my bumpers sooner so I can throw on the winch! Yeah, the start of that certainly would've been fun, though some of that I wouldn't have probably done crazy well in being only 2WD, but as said, just need my winch or a buddy and I'll be golden lol

Only had to do a recovery once myself as seen a page back (forgot I did post that), but needless to say, this is why even if I'm in an awd, 2wd, or 4wd, I tend to test water/pits first! I always have a walking stick/measuring stick that I keep under the rear bench, literally a thin fence post, but it works lol

And officially got the new blinkers in!! First set I got was busted up, so they sent me another set, but they let me keep the first ones, so I'm going to rip them apart and make some custom colored ones, so I can have 'em green like I want, or make 'em all amber, red, blue, etc...should be good, and hopefully not too difficult if all goes well! But these are quite nice, better than I thought! Now I still need to decide how I'm going do do the corners safely.
Nab a nicer full picture later

20221005_195636.jpg

And officially got the new blinkers in!! First set I got was busted up, so they sent me another set, but they let me keep the first ones, so I'm going to rip them apart and make some custom colored ones, so I can have 'em green like I want, or make 'em all amber, red, blue, etc...should be good, and hopefully not too difficult if all goes well! But these are quite nice, better than I thought! Now I still need to decide how I'm going do do the corners safely.
Nab a nicer full picture later

View attachment 435294

Wont deny, I love the fact that these are actually smoked, rather than just black housings like before, but heres a few nicer ones

20221005_223649.jpg 20221005_223638.jpg 20221005_223603.jpg 20221005_223554.jpg 20221005_223537.jpg

Well, those running lights in the blinker housings don't really work apparently. They work only if the truck ain't cranked, as soon as ya crank her they go off. They'll come on for a split second when ya first hit 'em, but that's it. Blinkers work good though. Company told me to just hardwire them into the DRLs, so I did them right along side the halos, and still no light. They said something about they way they're designed, they see the side markers as primary or something so it turns the DRLs off to keep those on. Cause if I take the side markers out, then the DRLs will be on with the truck cranked, but I kind of need side markers, so that people beside me know where I'm going cause I actually use my blinkers religiously! lol
So I'm just going to deal without the DRLs on these, taking the previous busted set and my dad and I are going to see about fixing that, even if I have to add a separate switch for 'em, alongside making them rgb leds. Fun stuff, fun stuff, I have way too many things to do.

But side note, new Halloween decor, thinking of naming him Billy, Billy Bob Joe, other name suggestions are welcome, I just temporarily picked something cliche! lol

20221012_201016.jpg 20221012_201002.jpg

billy bob joe bones!!

My wife has a 12' tall animated skeleton dude
She loves Halloween and last couple years been setting up haunted house......... all my money go bye bye

billy bob joe bones!!

My wife has a 12' tall animated skeleton dude
She loves Halloween and last couple years been setting up haunted house......... all my money go bye bye
There ya go! lol

Dad gum! 12', so tall! I looked at a 7' foot to throw in my passenger seat, but decided against it this year. So do I, lose all my cash every year to Halloween, still more I want to add right now but cant afford to. Setting up a haunted house would be cool! Used to have a family in the neighborhood that used to do the same, ain't done it in a few years though sadly.

I will get pictures of this years effort... there is a store in Spokane called spirit, they are selling their HUGE displays for cheap on Halloween morning she is planning to go down there and try to get one.... I'm like "ummm no" it would require a trailer to move and a storage unit to keep it, plus its all cardboard, if it rains or snows SOL!!
Its a sickness! Who am I to say no....hahahaha

I will get pictures of this years effort... there is a store in Spokane called spirit, they are selling their HUGE displays for cheap on Halloween morning she is planning to go down there and try to get one.... I'm like "ummm no" it would require a trailer to move and a storage unit to keep it, plus its all cardboard, if it rains or snows SOL!!
Its a sickness! Who am I to say no....hahahaha
Yeah, I get both points there, would be cool to nab if they're just tossing it, but not good to have outside, plus that size issue. Spirit Halloween down here I dont think does, usually they keep their stuff for the next year I believe. But hey, its Halloween, it's worth it! lol

And here we are! Some nicer new front tires, about the same tread as the rear ones, should at least buy me time to buy some actual new ones! But these look so much better in general than the last ones!

20221018_124742.jpg 20221018_124738.jpg 20221018_124732.jpg

Also, created a poll in here about the roof lights, since I have both visor and cab lights, need to know which one yall think would look best!
Some examples of both visors and just cab lights, the second picture is actually them side by side

FB_IMG_1662486335814.jpg FB_IMG_1661567582556.jpg FB_IMG_1661090183371.jpg FB_IMG_1658181256377.jpg FB_IMG_1658026052007.jpg FB_IMG_1654726581865.jpg

mud slides right off of monstaliner.... just sayin

$350 paint job no more maintenance or wax
Hard to screw it up, but then it must also be done correctly, prep is everything
I painted my freightliner truck with benliner. Amazing how much attention it gets. It was less than $400 for materials. Prep took half a day.

Well, didnt get any votes in here, but plenty on facebook, visor wins, I'll store those lil' cab lights for future use. Family wont like it, but it ain't their truck, visor is going on in the next few months lol

Old project I finally got half done. Running boards for an '02 Silverado that I made fit. Rear brackets had to have new holes drilled and be cut in half to get it to sit higher and more level. Also cant fit the center bracket sits my body mount sits further back, I'll have to add my own rivet to the boards, then I can use it. But it is pretty sturdy, at least for my weight considering. Also had to switch the front brackets driver and passenger side, but still. Looks pretty decent overall, especially since the front ones came with two holes so ya can adjust the height, which helped them match closer to the bodylift. Also only done the drivers side, I'll do the passenger side, maybe tomorrow morning, now I know better how to make it work too. May see about digging out my rivet tool too

(Last picture being my moms truck with the same boards. Hers was missing a bolt and they literally sent a whole extra set, so that's why I had them to make work.)

20221024_150250.jpg 20221024_145406.jpg 20221024_145521.jpg 20221024_151446.jpg Resized_20220523_094711.jpg

And to add, the rivet tool ain't gonna cut it for the center brackets, so I'll end figuring something else out, but I did get the passenger side on. Looks much better than I thought it would overall

20221025_124206.jpg 20221025_124158.jpg 20221025_124150(0).jpg

And the last lil' bit of decor is on finally, now that it's cool enough and soon enough to Halloween for the goo stuff. May move some from the tailgate to under the rear windows or something, spread it out a lil' more

PicsArt_10-30-04.48.40.jpg 20221030_135501.jpg 20221030_135352.jpg 20221030_135346.jpg 20221030_135430(0).jpg

Decorate the tire too

Decorate the tire too
Not sure how to do that without ending up slinging something off! Neither of my families are doing too much this year, been a bit hard on us, so we're all staying home, candy handouts still, but I figured I'd do some driving, see some decorations, then maybe go out for dinner. Wont deny that's a great idea that I hadnt thought of, if the truck was going to be staying home I might've! Not that I have anything left but a rusty hook and chain, would have to buy something.

Not sure how to do that without ending up slinging something off! Neither of my families are doing too much this year, been a bit hard on us, so we're all staying home, candy handouts still, but I figured I'd do some driving, see some decorations, then maybe go out for dinner. Wont deny that's a great idea that I hadnt thought of, if the truck was going to be staying home I might've! Not that I have anything left but a rusty hook and chain, would have to buy something.
Red tempera paint? Unless it's rainy where you are. Dollar Store.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Red tempera paint? Unless it's rainy where you are. Dollar Store.
Florida is known for its bipolar weather: it can be bright and sunny one second and be thunderstorming the next. We actually had some rain last night, looked like rain 90% of the day too. Wasn't worth chancing, I'm genuinely surprised even the gel stuff stayed on throughout the driving and the rain. The idea is interesting though, maybe next year!

Back