DemonMudder

- When In Doubt, Redneck It Out -
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 C1500
Some of ya already know, but meet The Jade Pearl, aka Jade (still a little unsure of the name, but it is sticking pretty well, keeps my theme too since she was the first demon and such as that lol). '95 C1500 Extended Cab, 3" bodylift with 33x12.50r15s. Just changed out the lights front and back, still going to change the blinker housing for an led one eventually, but at least its black now! Got my classic green lights going again as well, as ya can see; problem is, its a blinker bulb, so I've got two orange blinkers and a green blinker on each front side, not sure cops will like the green in the blinker, even with still having the orange for most of it, we'll see how long it lasts, hopefully can swap to the visor lights and grille lights again soon enough instead. Still need to hook the halos up too. But this is the beginning of the my log, hopefully she'll be on at least 35s (maybe 37s) with the 6" RC lift in combo with the bodylift towards the end of the summer, depends on funds. In the meantime, I do want suggestions for spacers, I rub the frame currently with the 12.50s, how far do ya think I should get, think a 1" would be enough, but the stance of a 2" may be nice! Once I get new tires with the lift, I'll get wheels with some nice offset and backspacing and won't need as big of spacers then hopefully. Trying to fix some brake lines right now, just replaced the master cylinder hoping that was all it was before we could actually find the leak. After that, saving some cash, going to see about getting the paint touched up at a shop, maybe a 2" cowl hood, or a hood scoop for some more cool air under the hood; also looking into another lund moonvisor for it! Still need to replace the driveshaft too, which did come in, so I need to take a day and handle that. Looking forward to this, once again, probably going to be more questions/chatting than building at least for a while, my funds are incredibly depleted right now from repairs, so I can't afford to do too much right now. But things will happen, in due time...

Edit: That original name ain't never stuck right, found a translation for the language of a game I play: "Osvanir Kunuk" or Jade Pearl, also like Dinok/Death, for short as changed in the title. I swear one day the name will be confirmed and I can stop changing it, hopefully this is the last time! Osvanir don't sound bad though lol

Link to the previous thread that began it all, the thesis to this if ya will: Stuck With An OBS Chevy

284373619_2047958688719820_1886699125956396063_n.jpg 284935559_2047959035386452_737559698157154254_n.jpg 285012517_2047959402053082_9141149943943860880_n.jpg 284070953_2047958378719851_5514932330963534372_n.jpg 285070499_2047958432053179_590096193861823976_n.jpg 283551800_2047959162053106_7130930622522657377_n.jpg 283525432_2047959265386429_9085709532009231770_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

been chatting with demonmudder for a while leading up to his purchase of this rig- its gonna be good!!!! :D :D :D

been chatting with demonmudder for a while leading up to his purchase of this rig- its gonna be good!!!! :D :D :D
Should be, brake lines just came in today, grabbing the driveshaft today, hopefully work on getting it all done tomorrow! Then shes officially safely road worthy again! At least from what I can tell, until I decide on how to get more cold air under the hood 😂

Should be, brake lines just came in today, grabbing the driveshaft today, hopefully work on getting it all done tomorrow! Then shes officially safely road worthy again! At least from what I can tell, until I decide on how to get more cold air under the hood 😂
Do you think the extra 6in. of length on the Chevy will make any difference in off-roading?

Do you think the extra 6in. of length on the Chevy will make any difference in off-roading?
Well, more than 6" longer than the exploder was, but the length does make fitting in tighter areas a little more difficult, especially in wise of turning. Chevy ain't exactly know for their tight turning radius 😅
But I can tell ya, ya can feel the difference, heck, parking is actually a fun challenge again (again mostly thanks to the turning radius and wider than stock tires, I rub frame on full turn 😅)
1654392308996.png
1654392324040.png

Sketching plans for the future...ignore some of the crappy bits like under the tail light, it won't erase..😅

Cowl hood, aux reverse lights under the bumper, bed bars with maybe a spare tire carrier (carrier not drawn), light pods on that, bumper guard, lightbar somewhere up front, and the visor of course 😂
Looking pretty nice, have the visor already, looking at a guard tomorrow, have all the aux lights sitting in the truck, the top pods and bed bars will probably be a long time away though, bars ain't cheap apparently 😅

Also, added some chains to hang between the two hooks up front, which gives a nice look

20220701_185417.jpg 20220629_164546.jpg 20220629_150322.jpg

And now I have both, test fit to check it out, the guard and visor both need paint work, but so does the truck before the visor goes on, partially why I left it in the wrapping while on the roof 😅
The guard will be on first most likely, so hopefully that and my lightbar will be back in the next couple weeks. Then I'll start looking into some paint restore costs, at least for the roof so I can throw it on. Comes with the headlight portions of the guard, but one is bent at the mount so if I want them I'd have to try and bent it back, if I use them, they don't look as nice on these trucks from what I've found, like just the center. Progress being slowly made, may even finally take the time to swap my grille out for the black one tomorrow morning, maybe the day after.

20220702_141442(0).jpg

yeah youre definitely working faster than i!! cant deny it anymore! im still tackling the same sprinkler as yesterday!!!

about paint: is the clear gone? if not to make er look good for now can try buffing that out, can do by hand or machine, and i could blabber about this for horus :D :D :D

Half the trucks clear has long since faded, which has now faded the green it used to be to pretty much being satin, plus its rusting in a couple spots due to it. The roof is the main priority due to the visor, can worry about the rest later, heck I can deal with the little rust spots myself and just have them paint. Depends on costs though...😅
At least this should be cheaper than the X was estimated because it's not a specialty color, plus it's not changing to the color, igs just restoring the factory, though it is a bit bigger, but less cab, so who knows

Half the trucks clear has long since faded, which has now faded the green it used to be to pretty much being satin, plus its rusting in a couple spots due to it. The roof is the main priority due to the visor, can worry about the rest later, heck I can deal with the little rust spots myself and just have them paint. Depends on costs though...😅
At least this should be cheaper than the X was estimated because it's not a specialty color, plus it's not changing to the color, igs just restoring the factory, though it is a bit bigger, but less cab, so who knows
if it doesn matter, again, rattle can it 🤣 🤣 🤣 or them HF sprayers, dont overlook those either. all depend how much time/$ to put into this!!! can even build that "portable" (not really portable) spray booth depending on ya canopy size if the garage doesnt work!!!

One, I have to have the time to do so, plus I guarentee if I do it, going to look like crap, something won't be straight and it'll bug me for eternity, the paint will run in a few spots, etc... even when I did the tail light guards, couple spots of running paint, but for the most part ya cant see it. I'd also need the space for that, don't have that kind of space unless I park in the grass for a week and then the issue is I'm in the dirt...even if I laid a tarp down first or something, not a great way to do so 😅
If I was to go to the extent of the whole truck myself, I'd just go ahead and go black, or maybe gunmetal grey..black shows too much and you literally can never get it fully looking clean, but if I go with a really dark grey....we'll see.. but yeah, moral of the story, I don't want to chance screwing it up and being in a worse spot than I was 😂
Plus I just really don't want to try and sand that whole dad gum truck myself right now, I still remember doing the tail guards, those suckers took days to sand because I had to get between each little bar and make sure I didn't miss any spots 😂

One, I have to have the time to do so, plus I guarentee if I do it, going to look like crap, something won't be straight and it'll bug me for eternity, the paint will run in a few spots, etc... even when I did the tail light guards, couple spots of running paint, but for the most part ya cant see it. I'd also need the space for that, don't have that kind of space unless I park in the grass for a week and then the issue is I'm in the dirt...even if I laid a tarp down first or something, not a great way to do so 😅
If I was to go to the extent of the whole truck myself, I'd just go ahead and go black, or maybe gunmetal grey..black shows too much and you literally can never get it fully looking clean, but if I go with a really dark grey....we'll see.. but yeah, moral of the story, I don't want to chance screwing it up and being in a worse spot than I was 😂
Plus I just really don't want to try and sand that whole dad gum truck myself right now, I still remember doing the tail guards, those suckers took days to sand because I had to get between each little bar and make sure I didn't miss any spots 😂
true... i mean... if ya save up all ya vacation and sick days 🤣 maybe thatll amount to it? Not sure. practice makes perfect!!! but yeah for perfect, may be better to just have it done at a body shop...

makes sense, this stuff takes time 🤣wonder if those paint strip chemicals work aint never tried yet

My work, when I was there, didn't even offer vacation days, you could just request time off and thats what ya got hopefully. Small place, didn't have a lot of benefits.. 😅

That and as said, passenger side has a few dents and deeper scratches, so I want to get an opinion on them being able to mess with it or better to replace the fender and door. Looking at a new tailgate and hood anyway. Practice makes perfect, but this is where'd I'd already have to be perfect 😂
My OCD would kill me if something ran, pinstripe was off, something overlapped, etc...I'm not in a rush, the trucks still in decent shape, plus I always try and park in the shade, so its not taking as much as it used to just sitting in the sun. So thats the only main thing I need, think I know a shop that'll do it for a decent price too. My mom tried to get me to go there for the X when I replaced the liftgate, rather than just painting the whole thing black, paint it to match the truck, probably what I'll do, see if they can fix up the roof, I can handle the bed and such later

mud slides right off of monstaliner.... just sayin

$350 paint job no more maintenance or wax
Hard to screw it up, but then it must also be done correctly, prep is everything

Only $350? Hmm..worried that I'd still screw it up, knowing my luck. But yeah, not the worst idea! And yeah, wouldn't have to worry about it

Only $350? Hmm..worried that I'd still screw it up, knowing my luck. But yeah, not the worst idea! And yeah, wouldn't have to worry about it
doesnt get scratched too ;) :D could probably do a monstaliner deathrow legacy edition too! maybe not as glossy but itll match the matte look!

doesnt get scratched too ;) :D could probably do a monstaliner deathrow legacy edition too! maybe not as glossy but itll match the matte look!
I am and am not a fan of glossy, sometimes it's nice, but somethings like the X, I really liked the half gloss look the satin gave. Saw this on facebook, ideas if I were to use monstaliner or something..just imagine it with green instead of red..😂

FB_IMG_1656724939988.jpg FB_IMG_1656724936569.jpg FB_IMG_1656724930949.jpg

i say try it!!!! see what happens! thats monsta? dont remember it quite lookin like that but been a while 🤣 so when ya startin?!?!?!
I think that's more a home done semi gloss? Not sure, it's got more shine than the X with satin did, but not by a whole lot. Looks similar to a Rado I saw at the junkyard, just in black, some shine but not too much. The monsta looks more like matte I believe, just about no shine back but I don't mind that, the X almost went matte black. Eventually, let me get the grille on, hopefully the guard painted, and my dad gum windshield replaced, then we'll see. I need money, soonest I see an actual full paint like that happening, even on my own, would be December at the earliest? It's not a huge priority, needs to be a safe daily, which I'm still determining 😅

20220628_100529.jpg 20220628_100440.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That black things looks like rattle can not Monstaliner
I would do a dark green Monstaliner if you want two tone you can always paint over it

Monstaliner Matte eggshell finish is very nice

Back