Jade Pearl Update/Build Log | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jade Pearl Update/Build Log

Almost forgot, had this sucker hanging around in the cab, never nabbed a picture, decided to before I took it down today. Took everything but the ram skull off, that's just because I'm still torn between using the ram skull and the human skull, or buying a legit deer skull to use. Ram will stay until

Also, the hands, absolutely in mint shape, one totally didnt start melting to the cab

20221102_124937.jpg 20221102_125708.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nabbed a nice lil' photo shoot after work yesterday. Really need to get rid of those tires already

IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1576.JPG IMG_1557.JPG PicsArt_11-06-04.07.22.jpg

Been a bit since I had a real "progress" update, so, time to fix that. Still slow in things due to funding, working my head off trying to make ends meet still right now, but I'm doing my best to get little things done, seriously need a junkyard trip too. But I got a circuit board built up for one of my switches, that I'm hopefully throwing in either next week or the week after. But it's a 5 position: off, front pods, rear pods, both, and pod hazzards. Found where I'll be mounting it and the board, just need to start that and running the wiring in prep, when I get time. Went ahead and got new hardware for the front pods, the smaller rear ones bolts are still rusty and need replacing, but they didnt have those in stainless at the point. Still deciding if I want to mount the smaller ones up front on the guard too, or on the rear bumper along with the other ones underneath the rear bumper. But progress has been made, and hopefully shouldnt be long now! First picture of after, second picture of a comparison of the bolt from before and after

Also, a secret project that's been in the works for the last few months, is officially just about done too, and hopefully done in the next couple weeks too, if all goes well!

Hoping to keep this active again, my job should be back to normal in the next few weeks too, which also should help my funding and scheduling, giving me more time for stuff like this!

20221116_151829.jpg 20221116_151224.jpg 20221116_154255.jpg 20221116_154233.jpg 20221116_154226.jpg 20221108_114221.jpg

Christmas Photoshoot! Love how every update I had went on delay too, get done sometime eventually lol
But of course the skull makes its return in the wreath lol
I've got some lights I may do down the running boards too, but I need batteries first
IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1973.JPG IMG_1992.JPG IMG_1924.JPG IMG_1921.JPG

New photoshoot, dino included in the bed! The truck is now completely outlined in Christmas lights! Last one is from last night when I threw them on, since I forgot to get one of the rear end, and the bells since I forgot to post, the big one is a real bell lol

Edit, added some more shots that I forgot to upload

IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2000.JPG 20221208_144957.jpg 20221207_222445(0).jpg PicsArt_12-08-07.20.39.jpg IMG_2005.JPG IMG_1993.JPG

Headache rack!! Freaky heavy duty sucker too, sucker has to be 80-100lbs

20221218_172204.jpg 20221218_172151.jpg 20221218_172143.jpg 20221218_161659.jpg 20221218_161713.jpg

Bit of a new light setup on the rear end too, got the rack all decked too, means time for a new Christmas photo op

20221218_211013.jpg 20221218_210957.jpg 20221218_210941.jpg

Nice! Wanted to do mine, but it's unreasonably cold here - all through Christmas too. Lousy time for the polar vortex.
Yeah, thats fair, probably not as cold here, but for the first time in a few years, florida is having a cold christmas, normally ends up like 95F, actually in like the 60s for the next couple weeks. Which is cold weather for us native floridians! Ya still got time though, may get a chance if it warms up a lil' for ya! Thinking about doing the whole X outline like I did Jade? Or something like I did last year: just a light up wreath and lights all over the roof rack.

Yeah, thats fair, probably not as cold here, but for the first time in a few years, florida is having a cold christmas, normally ends up like 95F, actually in like the 60s for the next couple weeks. Which is cold weather for us native floridians! Ya still got time though, may get a chance if it warms up a lil' for ya! Thinking about doing the whole X outline like I did Jade? Or something like I did last year: just a light up wreath and lights all over the roof rack.
ametuer! and i thought LA didnt have seasons. i couldnt stand a 95 christmas i need it in the 50s at least. today had a high of 56

As of friday we'll have lows in the 20s and 30s, until then lows of high 50s and highs of low 60s. But after friday its in the 40s! So this is very unusual for us, but I aint complaining, unless ya see me walking around, then you'll see me complaining, cause its cold, and I have thin skin..lol

ametuer! and i thought LA didnt have seasons. i couldnt stand a 95 christmas i need it in the 50s at least. today had a high of 56
1671429477931.png
See, this'll be nice!! compared to last year:
1671429596727.png

Looks like a comfortable week, and still warmer than Phoenix. I see there will be rain, so you should still feel at home.

Christmas is usually 95 F there? Yikes. Now and through Christmas we're getting a high of 11, at night below zero, that's January weather. May just stick a green solar light on the antenna, LOL. But I'll still take this over 95 F. Just have to wait for any car fixing or just do interior stuff. Merry Christmas to you!

Christmas is usually 95 F there? Yikes. Now and through Christmas we're getting a high of 11, at night below zero, that's January weather. May just stick a green solar light on the antenna, LOL. But I'll still take this over 95 F. Just have to wait for any car fixing or just do interior stuff. Merry Christmas to you!
Yeah, that's too cold for my thin skin! Wish ya luck on that and hope to see ya add some decor after all, least a wreath up front! Merry Christmas to ya as well!

Well, nothing much progress wise, nabbed some new parts though. Got lucky at the junkyard and nabbed a set of mats from a burban, should be fine in mine but they need a serious cleaning first! But also did a burban visor swap, though mine didnt have the mirrors and all, so the wiring for it just sits up there, but they are a bit stiffer and extend which is nice! Been doing a lot of work on my moms truck as of late, so everything for mine has been on hold, that and the 36°F weather right now! Refuse to do much work in this cold, supposed to be like 22°F by 6am! lol

Get some pictures of the mats later, whenever I clean 'em. Wishing everyone an early Merry Christmas though!

20221223_160059.jpg 20221223_160048.jpg

Another photoshoot! A lil' upset I ran out of batteries and my wreath and passenger side lights were pretty much dead, so I'll do this again tomorrow, hopefully for more clear shots too, but I'm pretty happy with a few! Loving having the rack, especially all decorated! And man, I'm loving having visors above my head that dont move back and forth with the gas and brake pedal, they're actually stiff and I love it!

IMG_2065.JPG IMG_2118.JPG IMG_2094.JPG IMG_2069.JPG IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2139.JPG PicsArt_12-24-10.18.35.jpg PicsArt_12-24-10.14.31.jpg PicsArt_12-24-10.13.38.jpg

Another photoshoot! A lil' upset I ran out of batteries and my wreath and passenger side lights were pretty much dead, so I'll do this again tomorrow, hopefully for more clear shots too, but I'm pretty happy with a few! Loving having the rack, especially all decorated! And man, I'm loving having visors above my head that dont move back and forth with the gas and brake pedal, they're actually stiff and I love it!

View attachment 437475 View attachment 437476 View attachment 437477 View attachment 437478 View attachment 437479 View attachment 437480 View attachment 437481 View attachment 437482 View attachment 437483 View attachment 437484
That is a festive truck! Merry Christmas! BTW my nephew's vintage C1500 V6 Chevy, it turns out it's a 90, not a 95, and he's going to restore it further and use it for work. Loves it. AND my neighbor with the F-150 just bought a 3rd gen Explorer (05) and will be bringing it home soon. Dunno if he liked the looks of mine, or was just tired of all what was wrong with his F-150. 4wd went out on him, it was an 03, and you can't do without 4wd where we park.

That is a festive truck! Merry Christmas! BTW my nephew's vintage C1500 V6 Chevy, it turns out it's a 90, not a 95, and he's going to restore it further and use it for work. Loves it. AND my neighbor with the F-150 just bought a 3rd gen Explorer (05) and will be bringing it home soon. Dunno if he liked the looks of mine, or was just tired of all what was wrong with his F-150. 4wd went out on him, it was an 03, and you can't do without 4wd where we park.
Well, ya dont need 4wd if ya got a winch! Which I have neither right now, well, the winch yes but no way to hook it up lol

Nice! Wish 'em luck on restoring it! Hard to find oem parts for these, especially like the dash in particular, of my gosh is that a pain, top of mine is all busted up, just going to throw a cover on and call it a day!
Yes, tis very festive! Especially compared to how lil' I did to the X last year, just wait till next year though!! Merry Christmas to ya as well!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, ya dont need 4wd if ya got a winch! Which I have neither right now, well, the winch yes but no way to hook it up lol

Nice! Wish 'em luck on restoring it! Hard to find oem parts for these, especially like the dash in particular, of my gosh is that a pain, top of mine is all busted up, just going to throw a cover on and call it a day!
Yes, tis very festive! Especially compared to how lil' I did to the X last year, just wait till next year though!! Merry Christmas to ya as well!
I'd like a winch myself, to get out of whatever. Not even sure where the towing points are on a 98 Explorer - do you know?
Neighbor couldn't winch himself uphill into his parking spot if he had one, nothing to attach it to!
One of the advantages of living in Snowland, is the dashes and interiors hold up much better (unless interior is black and you park in the sun with closed windows)
Mine is still great, only slight fading on it and no cracks.
You might want to look into online junkyards for a dash from an area that isn't real hot and sunny!

Back