The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp!

Ok, just wanted to post in here that I got the Explorer back from the dynotuning. With a moderately aggressive tune it put down a tad less than 400rwhp and over 400 lb/ft of torque. Then the tuner backed the timing and a/f off and detuned it to 358 rwhp / 361 rwtq to save the bottom end and the tranny.

Even with 360rwhp the power comes on REAL strong! Gotta love the twin screws for that. First take off out the car lot and I hit 1/2 throttle and had her sideways in about a millisecond. hehe. Well I am happy my goal was met nicely. Now I can take it out and have my fun cannibalizing the local musclecar and ricer scene at the track. 400 to the wheels is pretty fun, I cannot wait to hit 600+ to the wheels.

The Kenne Bell sounds very mean in the truck. While sitting it just whistles a little, almost sounding like a faint centrifugal supercharger. Then when the gas is hammered it instantly has that Kenne Bell scream to it which already scared my neighbor whom happened to be behind me while I was coming home.

Here is the dynograph. It used STD correction factors, but even with SAE correction the numbers don't change much.

Gotta love over 300 lb/ft of torque coming on by only 1800 rpms. hehe.

4322173638.jpg

SVO said:
Just have to love them Screw Boxes, congrats :thumbsup: what a greate ride you have put together, now go get your VB garage put together with good info and great pics so you can be a possibillity for "Truck of the Month"

Jeff - :navajo:

I am waiting for 600rwhp and 11 second ET's before I do that. Then I will do the truck of the month thing and also see what I can do to get into a magazine or two.

huskyfan23 said:
We need video!!!

Does it sound like this?

Once I take the cats off and repulley the charger to around 20 psi it will. The KB doesnt sound super loud to me because it is only pullied to 9 psi for now, which is the absolute bottom end of its power potential. Don't get me wrong, it is still loud but just not shatter your eardrums loud yet.

Once the new engine goes in things will get much louder! In fact I might just weld in a set of elec cutouts in the exhaust before the cats and mufflers so that I can have a quieter street setup and also flip a switch and have my drag exhaust setup too! Open headers with lopey blower cams will sound tough!

Back