• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The Mustang 5.0 Returns! (GT-R)

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT

A tribute to 40 years of performance, Mustang GT-R concept celebrates famous "Yellow Mustangs," features 440-horsepower "Cammer" crate engine and athletic handling
Retains 85 percent of 2005 Mustang’s body components and reinforced versions of the race-inspired suspension designs.
Nearly ready for a variety of race series, or could be offered to weekend warriors as an affordable, factory-supplied race package.

Stats and
story

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Isnt that the 4.6L???

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
I want one :)

frickea86

Rust? You mean character!
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT SOHC

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
410Fortune said:
Isnt that the 4.6L???
The "Five Liter" Is Back

The foundation for the Mustang GT-R's race-prepared 440-horsepower engine is the new 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. The engine is rooted in the MOD 4.6-liter four-valve V-8 engine family. However, the motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0 liters of piston displacement.

And while the motor employs the SVT Mustang Cobra’s forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley "H-Beam" connecting rods for superior strength, the high-strength Ford Racing block features design reinforcements and a revised material for added strength and high-output durability. The block is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

Other key differences include forged pistons, an 11.0:1 compression ratio, ported heads, higher-lift cams and beehive-shaped valve springs. The crate engine also features higher-flow fuel injectors and a magnesium, variable-geometry intake manifold.

The 5.0-liter "Cammer" engine comes with a custom oil pan and features custom-fabricated Tri-Y headers and crossover.

dman726749

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
Stic-o said:
...but somthing just keeps ringing in my ear! It says BOSS! :D
took the words right outta my mouth, i am still not sure about the big ass spoiler on the back though, it looks good from some angles and looks really bad at others, overall a most excelent car :D

tommy96XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Reno Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Any estimates on price if they're gonna produce it?

TravisC

My bro, JoshC in Iraq
Reaction score
City, State
Hurricane, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Oh geez, I want I want. Only thing I would have to say is tone the wing down in the back. Not that I'm complaining about it by any means but it could come down a little bit. I know it's a race car pretty much but it looks a little ricey. None the less :burnout:

CodePoet

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
TravisC said:
Oh geez, I want I want. Only thing I would have to say is tone the wing down in the back. Not that I'm complaining about it by any means but it could come down a little bit. I know it's a race car pretty much but it looks a little ricey. None the less :burnout:
I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that it looks abit ricey. I kinda think the wing looks cheap. That's just my opinion...other than that I like it :)

Later
CP :D

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
tommy96XLT said:
Any estimates on price if they're gonna produce it?

No offical word but ford wants to use for Trans Am series like back in the '70's
Price is to start at $36k-$100k+ Depening on what you want all the way up to full race.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
That's friggin awesome! But I agree, different wing. I checked the stats on that beast, 440hp! Definitely give the Vettes a run for their money.

MidnightToker

Reaction score
City, State
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, but going to school in Phoenix, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport
I would have sex with that car if I could.

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Hokie said:
right up the tail pipe baby
Hokie, that's dirty cuz that's where wastes come out. Try the intake

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
tone down wing == hott.

all black == hotter

1" lower 2-3" wider == omg so so hot

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
that is wicked cool! the wing reminds me of a ricer though :( it needs to be a little smaller, like the current wing on the roush

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
too bad that 5.0 crate engine is old news, other than the fact is that we might Actually see it in a car and not the ford racing catalog for 14k( i think), they originaly showed it off in the FR500 model which was freakn awesome, and it DID'T have a spoiler, but i imagine you could always take it off.

Do they still have a trans am race anymore , the only car it has to compete with is the GTO????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rick 2015 Mustang Photos Released Auto Industry News 8
Rick 2015 Mustang??? Say it ain't so!!! Auto Industry News 21
T First Test 2011 V6 Mustang & GT Auto Industry News 4
Stic-o 2014 Mustang to IRS and abandon retro style Auto Industry News 5
W New 2011 Mustang has a 5.0L V8, its official! Check it out! Auto Industry News 7
Flandry 2010 Ford Mustang to look smaller Auto Industry News 20
Rick Ford says no way to 4 door Mustang Auto Industry News 12
Stic-o New Mustang Shelby GT commercial Auto Industry News 10
Rick Mustang Answers The Call Auto Industry News 2
Rick Ford Donates '65 Mustang Pedal Cars to Marine Corps Toys For Tots Program Auto Industry News 0
E 2005 Ford Mustang GTR Auto Industry News 10
O Important Explorer & Mustang possible recalls.Important read! Auto Industry News 5
Stic-o 2006 Shelby GT500 (ie. Mustang Cobra) Auto Industry News 23
james t My review of 05 Mustang GT Auto Industry News 7
Stic-o New Race Mustang (not the GT-R) Auto Industry News 9
L 2004 Mustang GT concept, what do you think Auto Industry News 8
james t more newer pics of 05 Mustang again once more Auto Industry News 9
JDraper New Mustang Concept!! Auto Industry News 41
Stephen Mustang Fails All 18 Fuel System Integrity Tests Auto Industry News 5
ChuckyD Mustang Terminator Auto Industry News 7
N More Rumors: Super-Duty Bronco Returns? Auto Industry News 3