• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

The Pony Full Width SAS thread

waexplorerJR

Reaction score
Well to catch everyone up to speed she is currently sitting on her own weight on the front axle. I bought this Bronco from Diffwackdaddy a little over a year ago. It had a 5.5 inch mixed lift of skyjacker and superlift and a 4.0 swap already done.

I am swapping in a full width hp44/9 combo from a 79 bronco. I went with BC Bronco coils and made a custom crossmember for the trans and the radius arm brackets. I am going to post up what pics I have so far but I should take some more of the custom work I am doing. Enjoy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/parkerni/BroncoSas?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Nice! Any plans for a high steer conversion?

waexplorerJR

Reaction score
Allright guys...she is out of the garage!! Check the link in my first post because I added pics.

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ

janderson4010

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
third boxcar, midnight train
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 BII
are those ballistic fab adjustable coil buckets? thats what i just put under my rig, haven't gotten quite far enough to go wheel but I think they will hold up nicely. what spline count is the rear 9in you used?

waexplorerJR

Reaction score
are those ballistic fab adjustable coil buckets? thats what i just put under my rig, haven't gotten quite far enough to go wheel but I think they will hold up nicely. what spline count is the rear 9in you used?
Yes they are ballistic buckets. Awesome for the money!

janderson4010

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
third boxcar, midnight train
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 BII
Weird now that i look at them i guess they are, coulda swore they were iroks. I had a set of tsl sx's in 35x15.50 i sold to my brother, fully bitchin tire, one of the toughest tires out there. They get used a lot here bk we wheel really sharp black lava rock. How does it flew with those radius arms?

broncobra22

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Bronco 2
Nice job

Really looks good with the solid & sitting high and wide!