"The Poor Man Project" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"The Poor Man Project"

painted front/rear bumpers, stepbars (truck bed coating), fender flares, tail light, rims, removed amber insert in headlight housing, tinted windows 20% all around, debadged, meshed grille.

It should be the chespest project with the most works done. I did them all with my two hands... the grille is the ONLY addition. Tell me what you think.

explorer01.jpg

explorer02.jpg

explorer03.jpg

explorer04.jpg

explorer05.jpg

explorer06.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for the rear (ie Explorer, Sport)? yes, but it was PITA to take them off...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

How can I remove the Amber Insert Like alezone did?

I think "Hartman" have a very good write-up... do a search.

hum.. how do u get them to shine like ur car paint? they look kinda dull.. but man, good work i could never do that

Looks awesome, really nice job.

Looks awsome. I'd like to get a black vehicle and do the same.

Looks great, I also have the blacked out look.

Can you tell me how you got the clear lights? You removed the amber? or brought new ones?? If you removed the amber, how did you do it. I want some clear lights!

rino351 said:
Sorry man, I'm not that hip on the rims, but everything else looks GREAT!!!

I think the wheels look cool as hell

I was thinking about painting my wheels a smoke/gun metal gray... but that requires effort

Hokie said:
I think the wheels look cool as hell

I was thinking about painting my wheels a smoke/gun metal gray... but that requires effort

Haha, wouldn't wanna expend any effort, that would be terrible. Don't worry man, I'm the same way. Anyway, like everyone said, looks bada$$ man!

Hey man def a hot look, so now what kinda stuff did u use again to paint and prep it

defently looks cool and the best part is the fact that you did it all on your own

98Sport said:
Hey man def a hot look, so now what kinda stuff did u use again to paint and prep it[/QUOTE

Dupli-color...
Wet sanding...
clear coat...

are your rear tires really that wide or is it just the last picture

lol~ I'm sorry if it confused any of you... it's photochopped :D Just wanted to see how it'll look with fat tires. I didn't even notice I posted the chopped picture.

Where did you get the "meshed grille" or did you make it yourself?

I bought it off streetbeatcustoms.com

new stuff...

the most expensive stuff that I purchased for the truck...

a RCA portable dvd player :D mounted it at the center console, hooked up the audio, with the amp and sub i already have... the truck is complete and ready for the Canadian winter...

ice.jpg

lol looks like a government x lol

Back