• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The rig gets some much needed TLC

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Oooof!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Yuuuppppp we definitely weren't messin around!!

Don't worry Johnny, the Section525 bracket held true to it's own! The Camburg one is toooootally wasted, but ours held up pretty damn good!

Ready to do some fabbing and junkyardin?:thumbsup:

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
When do you come home? This weekend is bad for me.. but all next week looks okay. :cool: Where's the pics of the aftermath??

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA hell yeah man nice work

Trucks looking good once you get the "bugs" worked out , that video is awesome....ooops! Air into the bottom of the next big jump = offline and shady :)

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
haha yah im kinda bummin about all the damaged stuff on the truck right now. Kind of just want to start over on a ranger or something. Found a 91 4x4 in Chico for pretty cheap! I will get some pics of the aftermath...won't be home until Sunday so I will have to wait to post them;)

I'm down to fab the weekend after this coming one! Hmmmm that ranger would be pretty cool tho heh heh

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Ext Cab? Do it. We can transfer all the non-broken stuff, right? :p:

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Sick. Looks like you've already been driving it! :eek: :p:

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
:D

Can I borrow $1450? I won't be able to use the deaver leafs or sport rear glass, etc...I figure it's worth it to have the bed.

i found a 4" widened Solo motorsports LT front end for sale for 2k...decisions, decisions.

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
Leafs should work, maybe the wrong spring rate for a lighter Ranger, but they should bolt up

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
No shit! i was under the impression that they were longer! That's awesome. The leafs are actually pretty darn soft right now, I found they were a bit too soft this weekend as I was using my bumps quite a bit. Plus I like to carry a lot of extra crap with me when I go out so it may just work out nicely.

Do you think that's a good deal for that truck Jamie? I'm not sure what motor it has or how many miles, but I'm planning on calling the guy tommorrow. Worst comes to worst, the drivetrain and everything will get transferred from the explorer. Gotta love the 5spd.:D

So the deal with the longer leafs people put on rangers is just more travel then you have to flip the shackles or something? Sorry never paid much attention to rangers.

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
that sucks about your ex. hey if you do end up building a ranger and parting out your explorer, let me know. good luck man

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
shackle reversal is common for Rangers and can yield mad travel numbers and improve the ride for the kind of stuff you like to do

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
that sucks about your ex. hey if you do end up building a ranger and parting out your explorer, let me know. good luck man
you betcha. ill be keeping most of the cool stuff but there will still be some miscellaneous crap I'm sure. what were you looking for

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
just anything you won't be needing. depends if your going 4x4 or 4x2. i mean if your doing 4x2 with coilovers, then there's plenty of things. but if your taking most of everything (beams, coils, buckets etc) then stuff like fenders.

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Well I picked up a 94 GMC sierra as a daily driver and moto hauler, so the explorer is gonna stick around for a while. Gonna pull it off the road and tear into it hardcore when I get back after summer. Coilovers and full cage should be pretty cool!:D

badge49

Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4X4
I like the teal color...looks like you have a surplus forestry truck in your driveway! Can we at least swap your tires to the new truck...just until we cage the 'sploder?

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
haha thanks. im too lazy to sway those BFGs over...but don't worry, I have been doing a lot of burnouts in preperation for a set of BFG ATs that will go on the GMC:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.