• Register Today It's free!

The semi truck Mod :roll:

Xan

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
01, mountaneer
So i was driving to college this morning, it did the whole freezing rain and then snowed 7inches the night before (thats nebraska) any how i was headed down I-80 doing about 55 taking it easy but still passing tons of cars. Then i get to these two slow moving vechiles in the left lane... theres no one in the right lane for about a mile... so i let off the gas and follow behind for a bit then decide to pass on the right (the right lane is icy thats why these slow fudge packers are in the left) any how i pass the first car then right as a get close to the second he jumps over right in front of me.... i tap my brakes and i slide i'm basicly boxed in at this point i go over to the shoulder and i hit more ice and slide more. Next thing i know i'm spinning... i din't hit the other car but i slide right to the middle of the interstate and slide right into a broken down semi............................... #### any how heres the pics :(
CIMG0006.JPG

CIMG0008.JPG

if you can't tell i hit the box of the truck and the damage is all along the passanger side
CIMG0007.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch man, glad your ok.

I hit my center console pretty hard, my hip and ribs hurt a bit... i bet i got some bruises! :p: but besides that i'm fine. As for my truck i drove her home :D still runs like a beast.

Ah man im sorry i know how it is to crash your baby. Glad you doing good

MY goodness! That had to have been some scary s#it! Glad that you are okay... wow!

Ouch:( That's painful to look at! Glad to hear you are OK for the most part!

Geez, sure sorry to see that. Glad you're ok though.

Ford Tough ???

:salute: Damn my man that's when the roof meets the road, Hump!
Click on attachments and you'll see my X after kissing a tree last april. The Tow company said it was totalled but she's all fixed now and my wife is driving her!

Attachments

• '94' explorer front center damage.JPG
    '94' explorer front center damage.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 732

Glad to hear you're going to be okay. Thought about what you're gonna do with the truck now?

that sucks. whats the insurance have to save?

glad you are okay, but rest assured that Ex WILL total.

I do plan on fixxing it, i hope the damage does not exceed what the car is worth cause even if they total it, i'll buy it back and fix it. i do have full coverage insurance.
I did end up going to the hospital when i had to drag my ass up stairs and i felt like i just got stabed in the gut and side. the doc says its nothing major just bruised ribs and to take it easy for the next couple days

Sorry to hear about the accident.. icy roads are very dangerous as they can be very unpredictable..

I have 15 years in collision repair.

I would seriously rethink repairing that vehicle.
The damage is significant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back