The start of a street Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The start of a street Explorer

Hi everyone. I know my Explorer isnt all that modded yet, but its a start and a base I can build upon for a street X. Heres some specs:

1995 Explorer Limited
4.0 OHV V6, K&N Filtercharger
Jasper tranny
BFGoodrich AT KO's
All options
Air shocks
MTX subs, Alpine amp, Scosche wires
Custom steering wheel
Neon-look fogs in bumper
Some other stuff....

fe0b52a9.jpg

fe0b4d72.jpg

fe0b4d4d.jpg

It may not be as cool as some are, but it sure is shiny!

fe0b4d4b.jpg

Future mods:

17" Ford Motorsport Cobra R's (not Speedware!) with some sort of BFG performance tire.
Complete Wilwood brake system
Flowmaster 40 series with Y-pipe and 2.25" pipes, maybe larger.
Front windows mirror tinted to match
New amp someday, and MTX or JL door speakers, but this will come much later.
Clears all around, maybe smoke tinted tails
New swaybars

The rims, tires, and brakes will all most likely come together, but I am hoping to do the exhaust and tint sometime soon.

Thanks for looking and feel free to post any comments, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc.....

Grant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

grant, looks like you have a pretty nice platform to work off of. future plans sound good, too. post pics when you make the mods :)

just my $0.02, i wouldnt go with bigger than 2.25" pipes for the exhaust. if you start going too big, youll start to lose a little bit of low end torque.

New swaybars is a really good mod idea, with what you got it should look good. You could get those altezzas when they come out also, they might look pretty good. We'll hafta see

Thanks guys! I've been thinking about the clear corners, especially in the front. I really dont like the orange signals. I ought to be able to get them pretty easy and get the amber bulbs for them. I still dont know what I'm gonna do with the back though. I'd really like to get the plain clears with the LED's, but I havent kept up with the laws and availability, so I dont know. I think everything would look really smooth from and back with just one color of head/tail lights. It would especially look good in the back: Red, orange, white, chrome, blue.... It'd be nice to get rid of the red and orange :rolleyes:

I cant wait to get the rims and tires. I found a site where I can get the regular silver Cobra rims for $150 a piece, so thats really good. With a detail shop and a part time job things should hopefully start to fall in place fairly quickly :)

150/rim for cobra r's is pretty good.

just wanted to let you know about the led's for the rear that you were taling about. i know some people who have the led's, and theyre not happy at all with them. the main concern is that theyre not nearly bright enough...just something to look into.

Sounds like you realy know what you want to do on that X, just wanted to wish ya luck on your project... I'm sure it will turn out sweet...

Back