• Register Today It's free!

"The Tornado"

xmodster3o3

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Ca, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried that Tornado intake thing from T.V. It's that little round metal thing that is supossed to spin the air around in your intake and save gas and increase horsepower.

If anyone owns this or has tried the Tornato, please reply before I buy it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do not waste your money. they dont do anything. in fact, there is a webpage on the net (that i lost the link to) showing a shop dyno testing one on a Mustang GT. the GT lost 4 horsepower after the install. pure junk.

Originally posted by xmodster3o3
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried that Tornado intake thing from T.V. It's that little round metal thing that is supossed to spin the air around in your intake and save gas and increase horsepower.

If anyone owns this or has tried the Tornato, please reply before I buy it.

its a piece of crap.. If you do a search, you'll find that the consensus is the same.. It ain't worth the money.

Its not worth it. The test they show (the one when the move water from 1 bottle to the other) is rigged.

They show water going from 1 bottle to the next faster by spinning the water inside. The reason that helps is because they now have the water flowing on the outside of the bottle to allow the air up the center of the stream. Having a sealed enclosure and trying to flow water from one side to another is completly different than what a motor does..

~Mark

Man, screw you guys!

I'm buying 3 of them, putting one after another for a super-vortex of friggin power.

Buying 3 would be an overkill. THAT would be a total waste of good money. Just buy 2. You know the saying, "two wrongs make a right? Now, to make it work you have to buy a 3 inch PVC tube. Any Home Depot has this. Install them back to back to get the full potential power of it. Then, only then, test it on the dyno. You will see, X~factor never lies (sometimes) :p

Not only do they suck, I've heard about some becoming dislodged and getting stuck in the TB, so keep that in mind too

Thanx

Thanxs, I'm not buying that piece of crap, stupid T.V.

Back