The Turdle's Exhaust-(yeah revisited again) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Turdle's Exhaust-(yeah revisited again)

OK-now I'm going to try this. Getting ready for tuning.

I'm going to scrap all of it. I'll have new collectors with 2.5" pipe, new 2.5" high flow cats, then to a 2.5" to 3" y pipe. I'm then going to fit a 3" in out muffler, step it to 3.5" for a silencer and tail pipe. This will come at the expense lifting the truck to at least it's stock height. I'm hoping to keep a bit of back pressurew, so the muffler choice will be critical.
I think these cats have about had it--so why not?

This will be a long term project so be patient. I hope to have it all by this time next month.
Be kind with the opinions--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No officer, My exhaust isnt moddified

No officer, My exhaust isnt moddified

That is one beneifit of a single exhaust--:D

Look officer--one tube!
It obviously wasn't me-:cool:

You wouldn't believe how many times someone has pointed to my TM sticker and said "that aint got headers on it. You got a single exhaust"

heh heh.

What muffler have you got now, still the big truck unit?

That is one beneifit of a single exhaust--:D

Look officer--one tube!
It obviously wasn't me-:cool:

You wouldn't believe how many times someone has pointed to my TM sticker and said "that aint got headers on it. You got a single exhaust"

heh heh.

lol, I might be able to get away with that but I doubt you could. In a town as small as yours I'm sure most people know that you've got something special under the hood:D

OK
I went ahead and ordered these-

3" high flow cat

and just to be different and because the innards are so pretty-

a Hooker Aero Chamber 2 chamber muff--if it isn't quiet enough I will still have room for another one--
I actually got a 3" center in center out--
I'm now looking for ball flange collectors--

Attachments

• 3 inch high flow cat.jpg
    3 inch high flow cat.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 321
  • mediumAeroChamber.jpg
    mediumAeroChamber.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 328

Watch your mouth! :p:

I've actually heard good things about the aero muffs from...:shifty_ey hooker.

Jon,

You change your muffler more than some change their oil :p:

OK
I went ahead and ordered these-

3" high flow cat

and just to be different and because the innards are so pretty-

a Hooker Aero Chamber 2 chamber muff--if it isn't quiet enough I will still have room for another one--
I actually got a 3" center in center out--

Good choice the aero chamber hooker mufflers are a little more expensive but they are great sounding and cancel alot of sound. Had thier cat back on my Z28 :thumbsup:

Good choice the aero chamber hooker mufflers are a little more expensive but they are great sounding and cancel alot of sound. Had thier cat back on my Z28 :thumbsup:

Well, they sold me.
I got the cat and muffler for about 120 bux-give or take

I think I'm going for the cut out--who's in with me?

Well, they sold me.
I got the cat and muffler for about 120 bux-give or take

I think I'm going for the cut out--who's in with me?

I'm with you on that, it will add a pretty good amount of power. Plus you'll be able to hear your crazy loud rumble any time you want. only thing i don't like about them is its gonna make you take more time and i wanna see sum action now! :D

I recieved the high flow catalytic converter, and some Percy's carbon fiber header gaskets today.
The "Flowmonster" high flow cat came in a box 4x4x11"

I've had my 2.5" cats like that since Winter, as well as four O2 sensors. I've had a "slow response" O2 code for a long time, so I want to be able to replace the cat pipes instead of repairing.

What size are your collectors Jon, are they 2.25" at least? I plan to use the OEM collectors and build 2.5" pipes, until I get better headers. Then I'll replace the collectors. I thought about 3" cats and pipes, but fitting the larger sizes will be harder.

Please take your time with your and get a good fitment of the piping. I'd like to know how the 3" piping would work, and you have the same front driveshaft as I will. Regards,

That post gave me a chuckle haha after putting pipes under little sports cars for years talking about fitting 3inch pipes under something i don't have to jack up (mind you before i lowered, but once i get past the side steps...) to lay under just seems funny

I've had my 2.5" cats like that since Winter, as well as four O2 sensors. I've had a "slow response" O2 code for a long time, so I want to be able to replace the cat pipes instead of repairing.

What size are your collectors Jon, are they 2.25" at least? I plan to use the OEM collectors and build 2.5" pipes, until I get better headers. Then I'll replace the collectors. I thought about 3" cats and pipes, but fitting the larger sizes will be harder.

Please take your time with your and get a good fitment of the piping. I'd like to know how the 3" piping would work, and you have the same front driveshaft as I will. Regards,
I am planning on using 2.5" for the collector tubes-going into a 3"exit y pipe-
I'm using 1 single cat this time--after the y pipe-
I'll have the rear 02 sensors turned off with the new tune--I wont even install them.
The front 02 sensors will be mounted right into the collector flange-the wideband bung will be right after the y junction-

Okay Jon I see, you will have the same 2.5" pipes until the Y-pipe, then the 3" piping. Take several pictures of the collector area through to the Y-pipe. Thanks,

Back