The wussiest X getting stuck in simple snow. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The wussiest X getting stuck in simple snow.

i backed my x out of the driveway and threw it in four wheel drive hey get every chance you can take right? So i park it in like 1 foot of snow where the plow puts it and only one tire is in this snow. i snowbnlow after like 45 minutes i can't get out. i do all the basics turn the wheel and apply gas and all that crap but it didnt budge but one of the neighbors coming home from plowing saw me and my sister pushing the x and came over and tugged us out with his ford 250 :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did your front wheels spin? If not I suspect you might have some issues with your 4wd system.

I agree because if the 4wd is working they go pretty good

Just today another 6 inches of snow and for all the storms this year i have not gotten stuck with my 2wd although i have come close to getting stuck..
I have been stuk once with my 2002 this winter,, that sucked...
right after the blizzard here

yes i have a problem with the 4 wheel drive system....i hear something click on when i press 4 wheel drive its in the back but front wheels do not spin....light comes on but front does not engage.

ok so then you cant say the X is a wussy lol in 2wheel drive yeah its horrible in snow/ice but in 4x4 it is great! try checking your hubs ?

4x4 gets me anywhere, u need to fix ur 4x4

Next tlme you get stuck in the snow, pee on the tire.

93xltExplod said:
i backed my x out of the driveway and threw it in four wheel drive

To use the 4wd you have to 1st lock your front hubs by hitting the 4wd button then rolling forward 10ft or so, then you can turn off the 4wd and drive as normal until you need it then hit the button to turn it on, if you back up more than a foot or so at any point prior to hitting the 4wd switch it unlocks the hubs and you have start the process over (by the way this is not to say you dont have other problems but you may want to start with basics).

Some times when you park in snow.....the heat off your tires melts a little patch of snow into a pool of water....When you come out later, it has turned into a ice patch. Peeing on the snow under the tire melts it.

Oh, and I have driven on 100% ice in 4wd....it still grabs decently. I figured I would be all over the place.

it takes about this much snow to stop my 4x4 X. and i think if i would have had alittle speed up i would have made it.
102084.jpg

I went and bought a tow strap mainly for 4x4ing, but ended up pulling out three people in one day in a big storm we had here this year. best 15 bucks I ever spent!

If you got clicking from the back sounds like your Shift motor is toast or sticking or needs a good cleaning, Search Shift motor that will help you, Were I live we average around 200 inche's a year and I go thru some real deep **** in 2wd up here and I have no complaints with them.

Back