Thermostat housing has a replacement kit from Ford - It's Aluminum! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thermostat housing has a replacement kit from Ford - It's Aluminum!

automark

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
Hi,
I don't have much time to post, but here is my recent discovery on the leaking/exploding plastic thermostat housing on the V6 Explorers from approximately 2002 until approx 2010. A few comments:
Using my VIN for an 06 XLT w/ V6, they've offered the AL2Z-8575-B ( AKA motorcraft RT-1220 )
It appears to be a service kit, also shown under the drawing number SK AL2E-8570-AB
The kit includes many aluminum Thermostat Housing specific parts ( Base Oring, Thread in Sensor, etc. )
It, as is noted in the Ford Service Dept. Drawing, does not include the Stat itself - Poss AL2Z-8575-AA?
I don't know if they have one for the 2 sensor type of vehicles
I don't know if they have a version for the Must*ngs, which suffer the same "seam failure" of the plastic version
They retail for approx 190 - 200 bucks
It appears to be very high quality, but I haven't yet installed it. ( Hoping this last plastic version I'm on will last a little while longer! )
This post, and the availability of this Ford kit, in no way takes away from the gentleman who is selling an excellent alloy product elsewhere.
I'll send the PDF I have to offer for posting by the Forum Admin, but I need to find out how!
Best regards,
Automark

The thermostat to use is 2L2Z.8575.AA

I don't show the same aluminum assembly for the same year Mustang 4.0

Update for two items:
First, I have the Hi Resolution PDF ready to post, but it won't allow me. Anyone, please, allow me to send it to you and you could post it up for me? I also have a digital photo of the kit for the same purpose if needed.
Second, a much better price from the EB*Y side of Tom Massano Parts, tommassanoparts is there user name,and they're in PA. Be sure to also buy an actual thermostat as listed in partsmans posting, as it is not included in the service kit. Very helpful, and courteous lady there named heather.
Best of luck to all, and,
Thanks!
Automark

Back