• Register Today It's free!

Thermostat Install help

LikeAnimal28

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
looking for a DIY, Diagram or guide on a Thermostat install/replacement on a 2017 Sport.

Can’t seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
JC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its located under the air intake, and isn't difficult to get to. Also you can go on YouTube to see other people who have done it on the Taurus, or Edge. Hardest part is getting the system to "burp" after the install. Are you running a colder thermostat, because of a tune?

Its located under the air intake, and isn't difficult to get to. Also you can go on YouTube to see other people who have done it on the Taurus, or Edge. Hardest part is getting the system to "burp" after the install. Are you running a colder thermostat, because of a tune?

Yes just got the livernois motorsports tune, with the typical items.
Plugs, 3 Bar Map, TStat, but not going to run a CAI.

Thanks for the video idea on Taurus and Edge, did not think of that...I searched for Explorers and did not find much.

Nice choice of options on the Livernois upgrades. I agree with you on the CAI, and I'm only running a drop in for better breathing. I'm sure you'll like your tunes!

Yes just got the livernois motorsports tune, with the typical items.
Plugs, 3 Bar Map, TStat, but not going to run a CAI.

Thanks for the video idea on Taurus and Edge, did not think of that...I searched for Explorers and did not find much.

Maybe you should make one for when people like me try to do it with little to no knowledge we'll have a reference :p:D

Back