• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Things You Would Like to See in the Explorer / Aviator

neocvera

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I’m still forgetting to disable auto start-stop but I’m curious as to why it doesn’t stay engaged as long as my foot is on the brake? I thought the whole point was to save gas during idle. Seems to have a 35 sec timer or somewhere near that mark. Most red lights around here take longer than that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
Is your A/C on? If so, once the evaporator temp starts to climb the engine will start again.

John Fischetti

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Phone-as-key in all models. It's 2020 (model year), there should be no need for a key if your phone can do the job.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Phone-as-key in all models. It's 2020 (model year), there should be no need for a key if your phone can do the job.
I believe the Aviator has it but then it's not important to me as I don't have a Smartphone.:D

Peter

John Fischetti

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
I believe the Aviator has it but then it's not important to me as I don't have a Smartphone.
Only Aviators with the Convenience package have "Phone-as-Key". It should be standard.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Only Aviators with the Convenience package have "Phone-as-Key". It should be standard.
If everything was standard there would be 1 model with 1 trim with no add on options.

John Fischetti

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
If everything was standard there would be 1 model with 1 trim with no add on options.
Oh sorry, I thought this was a purely speculative thread about what we would like to see in the Aviator/Explorer.

ibstang

"Hey, y'all, watch THIS !!"...
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
I tried “play artist Marilyn Mansion” and it didn’t understand. The System in my 2015 Mustang LE is easier to use voice commands
Silly bot-logic...You're waiting for rock-on tunes, and the system goes lookin' for premium real estate in Baltimore..:laugh:..

Is it all about the cars gettin' smarter, or are we just gettin' dumber?...
I'm starting to get a little insecure about my '05 trying to out-think me (and it's just 3rd Gen)..:confused2:..

Last edited:

J_C

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
Get rid of all these toys it has (base model is no base model, still too many expensive toys to break and add more hassle later) and add nothing being suggested, then either drop the price by $10K, or use the money to improve those ~100 different areas that owners are going to see crop up as early failure points.

Do not add, fix what is there. Make Ford a name that means highest reliability and resale value on every vehicle sold. Kids that want technofeatures aren't your target customer base for $40K+ vehicles.

twindadST

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I would beg to differ. I'm a 30-something dad that is also a computer engineer. I'd love technofeatures and gadgets in my vehicle, as long as they worked properly and weren't an afterthought.

naima

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ecoboost Flex
I'd like to see the Explorer (ST or Platinum) have the same tow rating as the Aviator - 6,700 lbs./class IV. What technology does the Lincoln have that gives it an additional 1,100 lbs. capability?

mfleury

Reaction score
City, State
Burbank, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited AWD
A cap or a lock switch for the 3rd row seats buttons in the trunk.
Better lighting (and controls) for the trunk when tail gate opened.
Rear window popping out separate from the tail gate (remote control for it would be even better).
Integrated (non-slip) step design in the rear door opening to help reach the roof easier.
Additional USB charging ports by the front passenger seat (without having to open a lid) and 3rd row.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
A cap or a lock switch for the 3rd row seats buttons in the trunk.............................
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
That issue was raised back in 2011 after several members inadvertently hit the fold button, including yours truly, when there were items still in the cargo area. Some members actually made covers for the switches. I still had the cargo liner in place when the seats began folding.:(

Peter

ibstang

"Hey, y'all, watch THIS !!"...
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Integrated (non-slip) step design in the rear door opening to help reach the roof easier.
I seem to recall an old-school item that was a cast aluminum step-tread you could take a jig-saw and cut into a side-panel, as you need them. I was thinking about one on each side of the license plate, for reaching the luggage rack, but the modern body-work seems to have the structural integrity of a Pringle's potato-chip. Where there's a will, there's a way...