Things You Would Like to See in the Explorer / Aviator | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Things You Would Like to See in the Explorer / Aviator

I’m still forgetting to disable auto start-stop but I’m curious as to why it doesn’t stay engaged as long as my foot is on the brake? I thought the whole point was to save gas during idle. Seems to have a 35 sec timer or somewhere near that mark. Most red lights around here take longer than that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is your A/C on? If so, once the evaporator temp starts to climb the engine will start again.

Phone-as-key in all models. It's 2020 (model year), there should be no need for a key if your phone can do the job.

Phone-as-key in all models. It's 2020 (model year), there should be no need for a key if your phone can do the job.
I believe the Aviator has it but then it's not important to me as I don't have a Smartphone.:D

Peter

If everything was standard there would be 1 model with 1 trim with no add on options.

Oh sorry, I thought this was a purely speculative thread about what we would like to see in the Aviator/Explorer.

I tried “play artist Marilyn Mansion” and it didn’t understand. The System in my 2015 Mustang LE is easier to use voice commands

Silly bot-logic...You're waiting for rock-on tunes, and the system goes lookin' for premium real estate in Baltimore..:laugh:..

Is it all about the cars gettin' smarter, or are we just gettin' dumber?...
I'm starting to get a little insecure about my '05 trying to out-think me (and it's just 3rd Gen)..:confused2:..

Get rid of all these toys it has (base model is no base model, still too many expensive toys to break and add more hassle later) and add nothing being suggested, then either drop the price by $10K, or use the money to improve those ~100 different areas that owners are going to see crop up as early failure points.

Do not add, fix what is there. Make Ford a name that means highest reliability and resale value on every vehicle sold. Kids that want technofeatures aren't your target customer base for $40K+ vehicles.

I would beg to differ. I'm a 30-something dad that is also a computer engineer. I'd love technofeatures and gadgets in my vehicle, as long as they worked properly and weren't an afterthought.

I'd like to see the Explorer (ST or Platinum) have the same tow rating as the Aviator - 6,700 lbs./class IV. What technology does the Lincoln have that gives it an additional 1,100 lbs. capability?

A cap or a lock switch for the 3rd row seats buttons in the trunk.
Better lighting (and controls) for the trunk when tail gate opened.
Rear window popping out separate from the tail gate (remote control for it would be even better).
Integrated (non-slip) step design in the rear door opening to help reach the roof easier.
Additional USB charging ports by the front passenger seat (without having to open a lid) and 3rd row.

A cap or a lock switch for the 3rd row seats buttons in the trunk.............................
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
That issue was raised back in 2011 after several members inadvertently hit the fold button, including yours truly, when there were items still in the cargo area. Some members actually made covers for the switches. I still had the cargo liner in place when the seats began folding.:(

Peter

Integrated (non-slip) step design in the rear door opening to help reach the roof easier.
I seem to recall an old-school item that was a cast aluminum step-tread you could take a jig-saw and cut into a side-panel, as you need them. I was thinking about one on each side of the license plate, for reaching the luggage rack, but the modern body-work seems to have the structural integrity of a Pringle's potato-chip. Where there's a will, there's a way...

Back