Think I can sneak a flowmaster on my X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Think I can sneak a flowmaster on my X?

302Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
What do you guys think the chances are that I could put a 50 or 70 series without the wife noticing? Is there a member that is running a 70 series? If there is, how does it compare to the stocker? While having the rumble of the flowmaster would be nice, the rumbling of the wife might not be worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really doubt taht your wife would notice a 70, I actually have one for sale right now that is basically brand new. It was on my Durango for one month and then I went with the 50 to be a bit louder. The 70 sounds awesome and is very mellow and rich but almost not audilbe inside the truck.

My wife noticed my Flowmaster 50 Series SUV. Not obnoxious loud, but noticeable. The muffler that is. ;)

302Xplorer said:
What do you guys think the chances are that I could put a 50 or 70 series without the wife noticing? Is there a member that is running a 70 series? If there is, how does it compare to the stocker? While having the rumble of the flowmaster would be nice, the rumbling of the wife might not be worth it.

I guess we see who wears the pants :D

If I bought it, I do whatever I want to it

I had 50 series on my truck til it got totalled and it sounded great under acceleration, def a big increase in sound over stock. Go 70 series

I think I'm going 70 series also. The reason: I plan to dump it under the rear passanger door similar to a lightning.

i have a 70 and i love it... you cant really hear it if the radios on when you are just cruising but when your acceleration and when your around 2,300 rpms and 3,000 rpms (at least for my truck) its pretty loud. i absolutely love it though because it sounds great outside the car and its not obnoxiously loud inside...

GaSouthern1 said:
I really doubt taht your wife would notice a 70, I actually have one for sale right now that is basically brand new. It was on my Durango for one month and then I went with the 50 to be a bit louder. The 70 sounds awesome and is very mellow and rich but almost not audilbe inside the truck.

PM sent I might be intrested in the 70

I was thinking of doing the same set up, similar set up to the lighting, would the 50 series be too loud for that?

00XLS said:
I was thinking of doing the same set up, similar set up to the lighting, would the 50 series be too loud for that?

I don't like the 50
too damn loud inside the truck

I have the Delta 40 series with a hollowed cat in my '96 4.0 OHV and it sounds AWESOME! Not very loud at all in the truck, just a little hummmmmm. When you step on it, yeah thats another story. Definately kudos to Flow Master for putting the damper on the 40 series for people that don't want a huge rumble inside the cabin.

:edit:
On a side note I would like to mention that I was amazed at how quiet the X sounded without a cat. I ran the Flow on it before I hollowed my cat and was quite impressed...not too loud/not too quiet. When I removed the cat I feard it would be loud as hell, actually its just right!

The 50 sounds really good on a V8 and isn't much louder. If your wife says something about it, just say she probably had a wax buildup and it cleared so now everything sounds louder :D

MONMIX said:
I don't like the 50
too damn loud inside the truck

Wanna sell your 50 if you get the 70? :D :cool:

Dude your already missing the resonator, go with the tru 40 series and just tell her something must have cleared out of the X's throat since you took the res off! lol

IAmTodd said:
Wanna sell your 50 if you get the 70? :D :cool:

yeah we can do that

Back