Think Outside The Box | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Think Outside The Box

the only vacuum leak I know of is a plastic hose that runs down the front of my engine block. it splits under the throttle body and gos to the under side of each bank on the upper intake manifold.. it gos to a vacuum canister under the battery.

the only vacuum leak I know of is in a plastic line that snakes down the front of my engine block to a vacuum canister under the battery.. the other end splits under the throttle body and gos to the underside of the upper intake manifold. on both banks. its a plastic hose not rubber.. I haven't fixed it cause its buu kuuu money from ford for a replacement. could this leak cause this?

I had all of these same symptoms. scan, replace, scan, replace. I finally had to think outside the box. It turns out, that by replacing my stock TPS with a TPS from and 01 mustang v-6, fixed all my issues. (shrug). I have a write up in (modified 1995-2002 whatever explorers). 01 sport shifting issues. I thought initially it was the transmission. after a lot of work, and doing everything I could think of. it was a TPS after all. even on the first scan, it didn't even come up. it did on the second and third scan. I bought a new one, traded new one, then the mustang TPS. problem solved. the inner portion of the TPS is clocked differently. you can ready the progression on modified forum.

Back