thinkin about the poly coil spacers? DONT! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

thinkin about the poly coil spacers? DONT!

seth247

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
note to anyone considering buying the rubber poly coil spacers like the ones made by daystar.

Forget it! One of mine Has split in two and both are mashed down an inch.

Just get the f150 spring seats. Steel=good poly=bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the heads-up, I was deciding which to go with and you helped me decide on the F-150 coil seats.

How long have you had them for?

What's your wheeling style like?

I've had mine for 2 years without a bit of trouble.

Gotem maybe a few to four months ago. I've only wheeled in this truck once for like thirty minutes. But I guess driving on Tulsa streets counts as wheeling every day.

I got them as a package deal with 2" add a leafs and I only got 1" out of those.

maybe I justgot bad ones but I say since the steel's are even cheaper and stronger just get those from tcmcphail.

And, with the steel ones, you don't need to run a stud length adapter.

Ryan

well I got the steelies in last week and imam much more satisfied.

I got more lift out of these than I everdid out of the poly's.

Now my tires don't rub at all. Even though the steels are not as tall as the poly at first the poly squish when installed.

And the steels are cheaper. :biggthump:

save the $ and do it right the 1st time with 2" springs.

I had those cheap spacers for 2 years, 0 problems, no squishing, no ripping. I know someone else who used them for 2 months and had one fall apart. It's really just a crap shoot.

You don't need stud extenders either way (unless you are 2wd).

save the $ and do it right the 1st time with 2" springs.

I had those cheap spacers for 2 years, 0 problems, no squishing, no ripping. I know someone else who used them for 2 months and had one fall apart. It's really just a crap shoot.

You don't need stud extenders either way (unless you are 2wd).

I agree!!! I am ordering my 2" coils from coilsprings.com. They quoted me $225.40pr for the front. Also quoted me for the rear as well, not sure why since the rear has springs not coils. Anyway. I am going to try using F-150 coil seats with the 2" springs and see if it works. I know it's gonna be discouraged, but still going to try it. Also waiting on my warriors to come in and later I will do a 3" BL with 32's

I haven't bought them yet. How much the 4" springs be with drop brackets and all I need?

ellall new springs is too large an investment when I plan on going taller later.

I just want 3-4" suspension and 3" BL with 32's.

unless you have a custom metal 1" spacer sets made like me and kris guilbeaux. they are great.

Back