Thinking about buying a Explorer Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thinking about buying a Explorer Sport Trac

Jasonus03

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
Nothing yet
I am looking for a used vehicle and I really like the Explorer Sport Trac. I need to find a cheaper vehicle to get my payment lowered. I have a 2004 Mazda RX8 and I am tired of the high payment and insurance.

1) I have been looking at several 2001-2003 Sport Tracs and I need to know how dependable these vehicles are.

2) The ones I've been looking at have 30k-60k miles on them. I would like to get a 2003 with about 30k, but they generally run about $5k more than one with 60k miles. The ones I found are around $15,000. Is it worth it to pay the extra cash?

Jasonus03 said:
I am looking for a used vehicle and I really like the Explorer Sport Trac. I need to find a cheaper vehicle to get my payment lowered. I have a 2004 Mazda RX8 and I am tired of the high payment and insurance.

1) I have been looking at several 2001-2003 Sport Tracs and I need to know how dependable these vehicles are.

2) The ones I've been looking at have 30k-60k miles on them. I would like to get a 2003 with about 30k, but they generally run about $5k more than one with 60k miles. The ones I found are around $15,000. Is it worth it to pay the extra cash?

I think they are awesome, kinda wish I woulda got a sport trac instead of the sport. I don't know if I would spend 5K more for 30k miles unless you plan on getting rid of it in a year or two. Seems like you could fix any problem for less then 5K.

-Rich

churd69 said:
I think they are awesome, kinda wish I woulda got a sport trac instead of the sport. I don't know if I would spend 5K more for 30k miles unless you plan on getting rid of it in a year or two. Seems like you could fix any problem for less then 5K.

-Rich

I agree, I also bought the Sport but can't afford a sport trac around here. Everyone I know that has one loves em and they run great, no major issues.

60k isn't much, if your worried about it take it to the ford dealer and have them check it out.

Back