thinking about getting some nokya arctic white | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

thinking about getting some nokya arctic white

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Size is 9007

I have used Nokya Artic White in other cars and I was not impressed with them especially for the price i paid. I believe they were $50+ back in the day. I recently bought some Eurodezigns off ebay and i couldn't be happier. The fact I got my head lights for $8.99 (shipping included) and my fogs for $4.99 ($6.95 shipping) I couldn't be happier. Plus I don't believe the Nokya's are DOT approved. I would buy Eurodezigns even if the Nokya's were the same price. I have a much better result.
I do know that the blue tinted nokya's sucked in the rain. It seemed like you were driving with no head lights at all.
That's just my 2 cents!

Good luck with your purchase.

You do know there is no such thing as DOT approved right? It's entirely self-certification according to the DOT guidelines. That being said, bulbs with a tint on them (more so blue than yellow) suck. You are sacrificing chunks of output for a color.

I was not aware of that. How do you determine how much output you are losing? Based on what i see, my new lights are brighter, and show a large range as opposed to my stock lights. What should I be looking at to see how much of a loss i am at?

I was not aware of that. How do you determine how much output you are losing? Based on what i see, my new lights are brighter, and show a large range as opposed to my stock lights. What should I be looking at to see how much of a loss i am at?

I am comparing apples to apples here, meaning same exact bulb with clear glass versus same exact bulb with tint. Its a physical fact, a filter reduces output by filtering out certain frequencies and letting others pass. As for these new bulbs, it maybe either a) your eyes perceive bluer light as being brighter than yellow light (not entirely uncommon but can cause false impressions on your ability to see). Or they may actually be brighter as a result of the fact that the standard allows for a +/- 10% variance in output. So a designer can make a bulb that has a 110% output, but the lifetime will be affected. Conversely, a designer may want to make a bulb that is long life, and would spec the output at 90%. Your older bulbs may have been biased towards longer life which means they will output less, while these maybe biased towards output.

It could be any of the above. My statement was strictly apples to apples, a filter BY DESIGN reduces output. ADditionally, many colored bulbs found online are cheap crap so not only does the output suck but an additional filter on it makes it even worse. I have heard decent things about Noykas, so it maybe they are using a pretty decent bulb but putting a filter on it.

EDIT: One more thing, as halogen bulbs age they build up a film on the inside of the bulb that makes the output more dim and yellower in color. So as the bulb ages, it appears dimmer. This ALSO could be a cause of the new ones appearing brighter (you are comparing an old bulb to a new one).

I would reccomend HIDs 8000k and below are really good, I prefer the blue so I have 10,000k which I love in rain or pitch black

so are the eurodezigns brighter or just blue????

I've used them in my fogs and didn't find them any brighter than other bulbs. Less output than stock bulbs in my opinion. I've used Nokya too and same difference. As mentioned in the earlier posts, those "HID look" bulbs use filters to get them that blue look which cuts the output of the bulbs.

If you want the best halogen on the market, consider Philips X-Treme. OK, they're not "Poser Blue", but they are super bright I've heard. I never tried these bulbs because I've done HID for a long time, but I'd use these bulbs in a heartbeat if I went back to halogen. At least they're from a reputable manufacturer.

Yea I had those Phillips in my Taurus, remarkably better than stock, not blue, very very white, no nasty looking yellow tint to them either and my lenses were pretty sun baked.

Philips it is!

thank you guys so much.

oh ya.

brother wrecked my ranger so before and after pics when done :)

Back