Thinking about selling my wrecked truck. Need opinions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thinking about selling my wrecked truck. Need opinions.

Convict1997

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 2wd XLT 4.0 OHV auto
I hope this is the right forum. I'm not listing the truck for sale. I'm just looking for ideas. I recently was hit and my truck received about $3k worth of damage. The insurance has paid out and now I'm trying to decide what to do. One thing I'm having a hard time deciding is, do I get the truck fixed? If I get it fixed, then I blow most or all of the money I've received so far. But, once it's fixed the insurance company will then assess the depriciation on the vehicle and cut another check. The only thing is that it HAS to be fixed before they will do that and I don't know how much the depriciation will be. Does anyone have an idea how much depriciation is involved when a vehicle is fixed after receiving that much damage? I do know that if it's more than 25% of the value of the vehicle that, in NC, to sale a vehicle it has to be disclosed at the time of the sale. This, of course, will lower the amount I will receive, but not as much as if I sell it as is. But, if I sell it as is then I've still got the $3k from the insurance. What do you guys think? The truck is a 98 sport 4x4 with 77K miles. NADA listed at $5k. How much do you think I should ask if I try to sell it as is?
av4vsx.jpg

11ipdag.jpg

j16qnm.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep the 3k, and try to sell your junked Explorer. You could probably get $500-up to $1000 for it.

$3500-$4000...and you're looking good imho.

sell it to a friend for a 500.00 bucks get your check and buy it back from him a few months later yeah it may cost you a few bucks in titling fee's but hey... or tell them to pay the 3k and give you a salvage title and keep driving it...

It's a 98 Sport 4x4 with the 4.0 SOHC and the 5 spd auto.

man yall need to come up to mooresville to the drag strip some thursday and run the strip with me. or atleast come watch the cars run ^_^ its a blast

Back