Thinking of buying a 95-97 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thinking of buying a 95-97 explorer

pol23_98

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
Hi im new to the message board, Im thinking of buying a ford explorer but i want some opinions first like what would be a good year im looking for a 95-98 max because it's as much as i can afford!

What model should i look for, im interested in performance rather than off road use. what trim should i look for,what options youd i look for and which one's shouldnt i look for the ones that have given u problems maybe.

I hade a 1991 EB 4x4 4.0 i sold it a year and a half ago, i bought a chevy<---forgive me, i will never buy a chevy again especialy a car just problems oh well.

so what do u think! plz let me know what u guys would if u were gona buy your X all over again what would u get and what wouldn't u?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too would like to know, thinking of buying a 2x for the Warden...I'm thinking 4dr, V6, Auto.....anything else I need to look for??

pol23_98,
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.
Well, if you are looking for performance, then you should get a 5 liter V8, look at the 97-98 models.

Since you want performance, get a '97+ Sport with the SOHC V6 engine. The engine has about the same performance stats as the V8, but is a whole lot lighter. The Sport option makes it a 2 door and will make it that much more lighter.

just so happens im selling my 95 xlt. v6 auto 4x4 kkm true rev intake. custom cat back exhaust bosch platinum plugs magnicore wires all kinds of good stuff. Email me rydinhigh@thepike.net

Back