This doesn't seem right... Please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This doesn't seem right... Please help

tlutz211

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4x4 4.0 sohc
Hey guys... Check this one out... 1997 4.0 sohc 4x4... Ac compressor cycles when heater is on... Annoys the crap out of me! Seems like unneccessary wear and tear. I hope I'm not crazy and that it's supposed to be like that. If this isn't normal, who has heard of this and how do I remedy? Thanks

Ok.. Never mind , I just found another thread discussing it... I'm just getting the hang of looking stuff up on this site lol

Hey guys... Check this one out... 1997 4.0 sohc 4x4... Ac compressor cycles when heater is on... Annoys the crap out of me! Seems like unneccessary wear and tear. I hope I'm not crazy and that it's supposed to be like that. If this isn't normal, who has heard of this and how do I remedy? Thanks

I have a suggestion that will help you get more views and replies to the problems that you want help with in the new threads that you start. The single most important way to get the help and advice you are seeking from members in the forum is to be as specific as you can in the title of the thread that best explains the issue that you are dealing with.

For example, instead of "This doesn't seem right...Please help" as the title of this thread, writing a more specific title such as; "1997 [Model of Vehicle Here] 4.0 SOHC 4x4 - A/C compressor cycles when heater is on", is a title that more people would be drawn to.

Not only will you get more views from people that will have more of an idea of how they may be able to help you with that specific problem, you will also get more views and replies from people who have that same problem themselves.

Good luck!

Glad you found some answers...

Echoing what romero said, the better the title is, the more apt people are to look at it...

Also- try the google search bar towards the top of the screen- you get much better searches with it vs. the forum search tool... :thumbsup:

Back