This is as pretty as a 2000 gets.

jremington59

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Watertown, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997, 99 and 2000 5.0's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could see 7 grand for that truck, especially in my area where salt is everywhere and eats trucks alive. I'd be curious to know what his reserve is, though. However, even pristine I think 7 is absolute top dollar.

Benjam :D

Yes, it is nice but would prefer the AWD. If you have no use for the AWD, then you would have a hard time finding a nicer one.

Really nice...but I'll keep the 7k to buy a 2009, thank you. ;D

I would like to see verification that the odometer works. See if you can get the seller to drive one mile, and show you a before-after odometer picture ;)

Then I would get the complete vin and check for an odometer repair recently. Just to be sure-

Pretty sure I can take 7k and build a "new" 2000

2wd and that stick on wood trim (apart from the standard Limited wood trim) is a killer.

Nice truck though for the right person.

I hate living in minnesota... you cant have a car for a year and have it look that nice

nice truck, but the problem is that if you bought this truck for say $7000 and had an accident a week later, the insurance company would give you maybe $2500 (if that much) total the vehicle and you'd be out $4500. i wouldn't pay a penny over $3500 for the nicest '00 Explorer in the world.

these are some really nice pictures. the seller must be a professional photographer. i'll bet the truck doesn't look that nice in person in bright sunlight.

nice truck, but the problem is that if you bought this truck for say $7000 and had an accident a week later, the insurance company would give you maybe $2500 (if that much) total the vehicle and you'd be out $4500. i wouldn't pay a penny over $3500 for the nicest '00 Explorer in the world.

these are some really nice pictures. the seller must be a professional photographer. i'll bet the truck doesn't look that nice in person in bright sunlight.

All very good points! I completely agree. Bright light tells the truth.

I sent her a message and I offered her 4 grand. I'd rather it was AWD but I wouldn't drive it here in this salt infested State in the winter. I just like these 2nd gen V8's and this one is clean. I'm sure she won't take it, but you never know I guess.

I sent her a message and I offered her 4 grand. I'd rather it was AWD but I wouldn't drive it here in this salt infested State in the winter. I just like these 2nd gen V8's and this one is clean. I'm sure she won't take it, but you never know I guess.

if you do end up buying it, i hope you're planning of going to AZ to pick it up. don't send money w/out checking it out in person. $4,000 is still a little high, but if looks as good in person as it does in the photo's it might be with it. good luck.

Back