This is how my ex is looking since ford fair | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This is how my ex is looking since ford fair

SB98UKexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
UK croydon
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 4.0 SOHC v6
i have had the tints done, dual side exit exuasts, matching color coded body trims to black, and got the obx racing manifolds fitted. still more to do lol

And dont forget to check your seat belt bolsters, mine are coming loose and scraping the center consol trim..

Attachments

• 03012011512 (Medium).jpg
    03012011512 (Medium).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 496
  • 03012011510 (Medium).jpg
    03012011510 (Medium).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 531
  • 03012011511 (Medium).jpg
    03012011511 (Medium).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 03012011507 (Medium).jpg
    03012011507 (Medium).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 515

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it!

Are you having any problems with brake icing? I know over here part of the reason Ford changed the design of the exhaust to move it back behind the rear wheel on the 1999 F150 was because the condensation coming out of the pipe in front of the rear wheel was icing up the brakes...

thankyou, no brake icing here, has been as low -8 and not experianced that problem

I like the colour coded arches and trims, especially the rear bumper surface and fog/reflector surrounds... I don't even think I've washed mine since the fair, but I plan on doing some black arches and maybe some wheel spacers to fill them out a bit.

Nice!

I do like the side exit exhausts.....

Very nice :)

Mike

That's the biz!

Actually looks remarkably like mine in many ways - I've got the same grille but in black which I think suits it no end.

2 things I'd really like to know about - how did you get rid of the grey bumper covers and what headlamp units are they? I put HIDs in my standard 98 lamps and wasn't that impressed but I notice you've got clears. I had the feeling the standard reflector/lens setup was a bit restrictive for HID bulbs and didn't really rate mine.

That's the biz!

Actually looks remarkably like mine in many ways - I've got the same grille but in black which I think suits it no end.

2 things I'd really like to know about - how did you get rid of the grey bumper covers and what headlamp units are they? I put HIDs in my standard 98 lamps and wasn't that impressed but I notice you've got clears. I had the feeling the standard reflector/lens setup was a bit restrictive for HID bulbs and didn't really rate mine.

thanks, the bumper covers are sprayed black, there still there. and i imported the headlamps from the states and have 50watt hids the brightest but not M O T friendly, you can really see alot on motorways and lane driving.

Niiiiice

Looking realy, realy good mate...
I've changed the look of mine too since the Ford Fair.
Got a 2" body lift, T/Twist with 3" torsion keys, kev P shackles and 33" Bfg's.
LOADS of trimming...!!!...lol
Ordered a set of projector HIDs from the states and they're at home now, i'm working away at the minute, waiting for me to get them put on.
Ill put up pictures when i get a chance.

Any dyno runs lately?

Roger
:thumbsup:

Back