This is what an BMW M5 sounds like..bad azz! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This is what an BMW M5 sounds like..bad azz!

SaleenEXP

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mountaineer
I had sound-clips posted on the M5 vs M3 thread, but after the last few of us posted barely anyone has read the thread (otherwise I know people would have responded at how awsome the M5 sounds;) ) So thought I'd post them in this new thread with some others of M5's so everyone can hear what they sound like both stock and when modded.....As good as they sound on these clips, like anything online, they don't sound as good as they do in real life, you have no idea what a g-power equiped M5 sounds like untill you've heard one take off or been in one in real life, pure exstacy. Also I have flat panel speakers and a sub hooked up to our Desktop and it rumbles my chest lol. Just listen to that deep rumble off the line that turns into a wicked exhaust note...OH...MY...GOD....

My friends M5 is running the G-Power (loudest mutha) exhaust, Dinan Intakes, Dianan chip, Super-sprint x-pipe and an AS (Autosolutions) short shifter. F'n scary, aggressive, mean and loud is how you describe it lol.

These are from the M5 board that I frequent on with my friend.
This is a stock M5:
Dead Link Removed

This is what an M5 sounds like running the G-Power exhaust and SS x-pipe (the 3rd one really sounds like a Nascar comming at you when he heads back towards the camera) :
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Luckily I have my friends M5, but to everyone else, go find somebody with an M5 with a G-power setup and you won't f'n believe how deep and mean it is, louder and deeper then my friends 01' Cobra running an offroad x-pipe and Magnaflows and headers.

And a few other M5 vids:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

What do you guys think lol, go ahead, cream your pants:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AWESOME!

not bad at all...i would still rather have my 84 Civic Hatchback Type RPSFUE

so that is what heaven sounds like?

i love those cars, absolutely love them. out of any luxury import, id take a m5, they are sooo sweet, plus you can mod the hell out of em! i want i want i want i want i want i want. sweet clips

It must loose some of the "good sound" in the video....I mean, it sounds like ass at low rpms. It sounds good when revved, but not down low. The Tide racecar came by my work yesterday. Now that thing sounds freakin awesome.

Originally posted by justin146
It must loose some of the "good sound" in the video....I mean, it sounds like ass at low rpms. It sounds good when revved, but not down low. The Tide racecar came by my work yesterday. Now that thing sounds freakin awesome.
yeh, thats why I daid basically anything online never sounds good. Believe me, it's f*cken mean in real life. You also have to have a good speaker set up to at least try to replicate the sound, if I turn my sub off it sounds very raspy through our flat panel speakers, however with it on, the deepness vibrates our whole computer desk and my chest.

Just like that guy said in the 3rd video, it truely sounds like a freaken Nascar comming down the road, and is extremely loud. If you heard it in real life, you'd **** yourself, can't even describe what a G-Power equiped M5 sounds like.

Actually off idle, it sounds like a Cigarette race boat (deep and grumbly), after that, it's full out Nascar loudness and aggressiveness.

When we went to the track one time for Muscle Car Night (not really old muscle cars but modern cars), where he clicked off a 12.7 something in the 1/4 at 112 mph with his mods with major wheels spin (M5's have basically to much torque off the line lol, his mph probably would have been a little higher with his mods if he didn't keep shredding the tires when launching). He ran against a 5.0 SN95 Stang (either a 94' or 95'). After the run, the Stang driver and a bunch of other people (driving vettes, Camaro's, Stangs ect) came to check out the car b/c they had never heard such a bad ass sounding car before, let alone a BMW that sounded like that and was that fast. He got so many compliments from other drivers there, but only got run one time b/c it was very crowded with almost a 3hr wait between runs.

I was at Willow Springs Racepark (not with the RangePloder) and there was a M5 there. OMG, to see a big sedan go that fast and sound so sweet made me drool. The dude did a nasty spin that ended his day.

fc76be5d.jpg

The interior got dusted pretty bad:
fc76be60.jpg

wow.. wonder how much the cleaning bill on that was is gonna cost

Oh yeh, nothing better then seeing somebody really use an M5 to it's potential. God do I love these cars, 4000lb torque monsters:D . A bunch of us went out tonight and I was driving my buddies M5 and fell in love with it more and although I was planning on getting a truck after this semester, BUT.....that M5 is just calling my name especially with 3 tracks here I could take it too and prices are comming down with the new 5 series and M5 comming out soon and the car market down in general.

Heres a few other vids, one of a dude in an M5 accelerating to 120mph up hill, and the other of a 996tt racing uphill. Both kick serious azz!

"Save Target As" will go faster, I have DSL also so.....

M5 (about 3.8Mb) - http://www.bmwm5.com/movies/greg/other_videos/0-120.mpg

996tt (about 5.6Mb) - http://www.bmwm5.com/movies/greg/other_videos/0-120.mpg

The 996tt has no mods, so you could imagine how powerful my moms friends highly modded Ruf 996 Turbo is putting out close to 700rwhp, and then you'll understand why I get scared, well not really, ok, maybe just a little, I think 215mph on I-95 will scare anyone.

enjoy:D

i would rather have a 1986 528e...now that my friends would be a smooth ride...wooohooo dawgy!!!
five on the floor and a lot more in-store!!!

Back