• Register Today It's free!

This weekend's odd's and end's..

AbbottK28

Reaction score
City, State
Wyandotte, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT
A few little things I did this weekend for convenience, and the phone mount because I'm a tightwad and i dont wanna shell out the money for a store bought one, and I had the clip already I got with my Otterbox case, and I would have never used it otherwise. The flashlight holder was on a whim, I went to Lowe's and whenever I do I always end up with more than I went in for, this time it was a handful of these utilitech led lights, at 3 bucks a pop and 68 lumens, I couldn'tpass it up. I grabbed a 1/2 inch pinch clamp for conduit, and cut the ends off and slid shrink wrap over them. \
The light switch is completely unrelated, but I made it a week ago using some old arcade buttons, I saw one online for 50 bucks and figured I could make one way cheaper, and I did. Problem is, my house has old wiring, and I was gonna throw it in my brothers room but the way the circuit is wired there is no neutral at the switch box so no go. Im actually looking to see if anyways is interested in taking it off my hands, its a neat little thing for the gamer nerd lol. Also if you wanna make one I do have the parts list and wiring schematic as well.
IMG_0070_zps45f76092.jpg
IMG_0072_zpsa52a236a.jpg
IMG_0071_zps1da3a50e.jpg
IMG_0041_zps4ae88537.jpg

cool handy work! is it just me or as that garmin HUGE! and doesn't your phone holder get in the way of your heater controls? i got a cool 5 dollar phone holder from wal mart that goes into your ac vents and i just put it into the vent on the left of the steering wheel and shut that vent off ( not much air comes out of there anyway)
is your usb charging hub thing permanent? in your cig lighter? it looks like it sits flush in there... looks nice... i have one of those things and whenever i use it i need a needle nose to pull the sucker out!
I have an amp volume knob where your flashlight sits.. kinda nice that you always got one with you now.. i keep one in my tool bag in the trunk... if i break down it will always be cold, dark, and either raining or snowing..

Yep that sir is a pretty old garmin, but it does its job quite well when needed, plus i get free map updates. The phone mount is on a hinge, it flips up if needed, but it isnt really too much in the way. The usb charger isnt permanent, just plugs in, I picked it up at an att store when i upgraded my phone a few weeks ago, they come in black too.

Back