Those from Maine....

kaised

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Bronco XLT
Lifts in Maine...?

I just read an old post that said that Maine law states that you cannot remove your original suspension. Also no mods to the shackles or front springs. Any truth to this? Any one who lives in Maine knows there are plenty of people with jacked up trucks who pass inspection. I'm getting ready to (hopefully) put on a 2.5 Duff kit with Warriors and add-a-leaf in the rear? Any one have any info on this???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI, Welcome to the Message Board.
I am Chris, the Cordinator for the New England Area of the East Coast Explorers. I know a few guys from Maine, But They are Jeepers...... They do modify their suspensions, and I believe they pass inspections too! You can feel free to ask them yourself, If you goto my Signature and Click on "New England On-Line Wheelers" you will be directed to the New Englands On-line 4x4 Web Forum, Where you can meet many others like yourself. But You would be the 2nd Ford Explorer there! Right now I am the Only Explorer.

Hi again,
When you come down I'll show you our 4 wheeling folder on First Class here at UMaine. There are some huge trucks compared to our Explorers, and they get inspected. I don't think the lift laws are enforced too strictly.

Byrd

I didn't think the laws were to strictly enforced, with all the lifted trucks around. I was just double checking. The cops already have it out for me, I didn't want to give them a ligitimate reason for them to harass me! When I first got my explorer I (foolishly) called the Ford dealership to ask what sized tires I could fit. They told me that no one would pass my inspection with ABS and tires bigger than stock. Found out that wasn't an issue when I passed on Fri so I guess I won't worry too much about the lift. I'll sure to check out the East Coast Explorers site. Thanks!

New England On-line Wheelers is NOT the New England Explorer's Club Web page.

NEOW is just a forum like this for all the clubs in New England.

Back