Those of you with SOA...

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
SOA mean spring over axle if you opened this and weren't sure.

Anyways, i have a few questions:
1) Where did you get your new perches from?
2) How did you get the perches in the right place and level?
3) Did you use your factory shackles or did you use your warrior or another brand?
4) Give some opitions of the different ways some of you mounted your shock.

If you have some instructions or a write up that would great, thanks alot!

Happy trails!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what are you lookin to do? Dead Link Removed there ya go that should give you some of the info needed. on another note, if you have like a shackle that was 1-2" long and then did and SOA would you only get 1-2" of lift? my theory on this is that since the stock shackles are 5.5" long thats why you get that same amnount of lift.

Finally, some one that has the same idea as me! That is exactly what i'm looking to do! I'm going to do this probably this week. I'm really not looking for the 5.5" of lift, i just don't want my springs under the axle any more. Once i get the perches welded on, and the ubolts put on, i'll check to see how it looks with my stock shackles, i figure i will have to make my own, which is no big deal, but thanks for your help man.

Happy trails!!

Exactly!;)

Happy trails!!

what are perches? are they the things that wraps around the axle so the spring can rest on top of it?

Yeah, those are perches, i just need to find out where i'm going to get a set. But yeah you're right.

Happy trails!!

Back