• Register Today It's free!

thought i'd post up some pics

blue88b2

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Oregun
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer
Well here we are as of today! Just finished up the bumper and tire rack yesterday and got the grill Painted and put back on. Still working on the roof rack. And also got the 16x8 soft 8's yesterday! they are used with 31" swampers. But not for long. the 35's in my shed are for a 16" rim now waiting for the lift and fender hacking. My wife got me a 3" bodylift for Christmas! (what a Gal!) so i'm going to do a progressive bodylift and SOA for now. And keep the Dana 44 swapping on hold while i find more parts and decide on leafs or 3 link. Once the body lift is done, i'll get started on the front bumper and winch mount. so here ya go!

Here is a link to the bumper thread
sneek peek Tube bumper/tire carrier

i'll try to find my before pics of the sploder just for contrast. But i picked this thing up for $700 bone stock, it had the tranny in the backseat with spun bearing(s) enjoy!

-Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

truck looks awesome! I love the rims and the spare tire rack, whole thing looks great. Are you Making roof racks?

truck looks awesome! I love the rims and the spare tire rack, whole thing looks great. Are you Making roof racks?

well, just making one for now. I'll see how it turns out, if there is any interest, maybe more, but i imagine shipping would kill. It's kinda like a range rover type i saw. about as wide as the explorer and fairly long too.

And thanks! I really like these wheels too. Been admiring them on everyone else's rigs. I finally found these 16" ers on craigslist for $200 with the tires mounted on them, figured i can run these tires out before changing over.

Yes, getting the license plate light soon! Good eye!

The bumper looks great!
It's simply, functional, clean and helps everything up out of the way. Nice work.

Nice design with the wing type nut for removing the tire. What`s that bolt fer?

Attachments

• n518068943_1170438_7856.jpg
    n518068943_1170438_7856.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 322

Nice design with the wing type nut for removing the tire. What`s that bolt fer?

it's a carriage bolt that helps hold the tire on the plate while threading the wing nut on. ( kinda cheese, but not permanent) On the front of that plate is a piece of tube that's that has an outside dia. equal to the inside dia. of the hole for the hub (to keep the rim centered on the plate) but it's only 1/4" stick out so the wing nut won't bottom out on it before tightening on the rim. anyhow, it's not enough of a lip to hold the rim from slipping off while running the wing nut down.

The threaded stud is 10" long and welded to the plate closest to the hatch, then the 1 3/8" tube is welded around that on the plate. at the other end, ( farthest from the hatch), is the plate with 4 holes in the corners that the 10" thread runs through and is welded to again and to the 1 3/8 tube again, so it's not going anywhere. This also allows for different thickness of wheels.

nice x u got there jason

Back