Thoughts? Help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thoughts? Help?

KC Jester

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Chevy Impala SS
Brand-Spanking new to here, so my apologizes for if I'm using this wrongly or do anything wrong on here. Not to mention I just got done with a 5 page essay for english so half my brain just shut down in recovery mode.
Anyhow I'm wanting to buy a FPIU but I'm low on a budget and don't have much to offer except my heart and mind to try to keep up with loans that I'll probably have to get but none the less I was wondering if there's anyone who has some experience with this kind of thing or that could share some insight to helping me as I don't have much at home.

Currently I work at taco bell (Only until I turn 18 in less than a month then I'll hopefully be working private security for roughly $14 an hour) but I work for roughly $8 an hour with maybe $7 or so after taxes and what have you and I work 20 hours and pay is biweekly so my paycheck is about $260 every two weeks which is majorly low but none the less it works for now. I don't drive very far or very much besides to and from school and to work usually maybe a place to eat lunch or dinner but I spend about $20-30 on gas per two or three weeks. Usually only let it go down to half tank and will refill but that's just because my impala gets some decent MPG
Everyone has their own and personal reasons for owning retired law enforcement vehicles, now I will say I'm not the nut trying to impersonate LEOs however I am a police explorer and have the intent on becoming one at the age of 21 if not before (As a corrections officer in a year or so) but I want to have a FPIU because not only are they sexy but they are truly nice cars, and cheap, newer vehicles for the most part and doesn't look weird with a spotlight on it (If I put a spotlight on a honda accord lol I think I wouldn't have any friends)
I have absolutely no clue what my credit score is if I have any at all considering I only have a debit card but my highest I'll pay for a FPIU is $12,000 but I would prefer for you guys to help me look for something cheaper like $8,000 doesn't need to be nice and pretty just gets the job done and look some what decent while doing it.

If there's any insight or help you guys could share with me would be much appreciated. Again, my apologizes if anything is wrong or hard to understand as I just got done writing an essay.
Thanks, KC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try GovDeals.com

Welcome to the Forum KC.:wave:
Good luck with your English paper and your vehicle search.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum KC.:wave:
Good luck with your English paper and your vehicle search.

Peter
Thanks? lol No insight? Experience?

In addition to what I wrote, I've been looking at all years, 2011+ and right now I think I've been looking at two FPIUs but not entirely sure yet. (Won't share as I don't want my chickens to be stolen by some forum-wolfs)

There are usually several on eBay. With that price range, though, it could be a struggle. There are some of the Interceptor sedans in that range, along with a ton of CVs. You may just have to watch and wait.

Check some auto auctions. A friend of mine just got lucky at one in Connecticut not that long ago. He got a PIU with the admin package for around $8500.

Back