• Register Today It's free!

Three simple questions

BarkSlayer

Reaction score
City, State
Berkey, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT Sport
Newbie here with a clean, low mileage '02 Sport. I bought some nice 9007 high output headlamp bulbs and am wondering if there's an easy way to remove the bulbs without pulling the battery and airbox. Space under the access covers is tight. Is there a trick to doing this?

Secondly, how can I change the code in my keyless entry system?

Lastly, I didn't get the cargo cover with my Sport, but I'd like to pick up one. Will the cargo cover from the '95-'01 4 door Explorers fit my 2002 2-door Sport, or is the Sport cover specific to the 2-door?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on the second q read your owners manual if you got one, but i do know that there is a factory code that is perminant (can't be changed) and you can add 1 of your own (not sure how) on the 3rd q i believe a 95-01 cargo cover will fit without a problem what color interior do you have? congradulations on the sport

bender said:
on the 3rd q i believe a 95-01 cargo cover will fit without a problem what color interior do you have?

I have the dark gray interior (silver exterior).

check ebay for a cargo cover.

Nitrous SSC said:
check ebay for a cargo cover.
There are several on eBay...just need to confirm if the '95-'01 4-door cover will fit the '02 2-door.

BarkSlayer said:
There are several on eBay...just need to confirm if the '95-'01 4-door cover will fit the '02 2-door.
The easiest way to replace your headlamp bulbs is to remove assembly.There are two retainer clips at the rear of the headlamp assembly.Pry them up and that will give you access.Remove the screws by the signal lamp reflector also.That makes the whole assembly come right out.

Back