• Register Today It's free!

Throttle body for supercharger

ckomai

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer
Dumb but useful question. I've got exhaust and intake so I was looking into getting the KKB throttle body. Its a pretty penny at 229 on ebay. I'm also always on the look for a used OHV paxton/eaton supercharger kit. Do these kits use the stock throttle body or do they have throttle bodies built into the systems?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dumb but useful question. I've got exhaust and intake so I was looking into getting the KKB throttle body. Its a pretty penny at 229 on ebay. I'm also always on the look for a used OHV paxton/eaton supercharger kit. Do these kits use the stock throttle body or do they have throttle bodies built into the systems?

You mean bbk throttle body?? And paxton and eaton kits normally are totally different. ..eaton kits are typically like a m60 or m90.normally either kits use the stock tb but typically you want to do something custom and is easier to do with m60 or m90 kits as they don't use the stock upper intake manifolds like the paxton kits do.o and good luck finding any kind of kits for the ohv...

yeah bbk not kkb, I was thinking of my intake. Yeah they are very rare, I see posts for them for sale but they are like 4 years old. Ok so if I get an M60/90 I would have to do a custom lower intake for the blower to sit on, but what do you mean they dont use the stock upper like the paxton? What do they use and why is it easier?

yeah bbk not kkb, I was thinking of my intake. Yeah they are very rare, I see posts for them for sale but they are like 4 years old. Ok so if I get an M60/90 I would have to do a custom lower intake for the blower to sit on, but what do you mean they dont use the stock upper like the paxton? What do they use and why is it easier?

Paxton normally mount like a accessory, like the alternator.it uses all stock upper and lower intake manifolds.a m90 mounts with a custom mount onto the lower intake manifold, you remove your upper.

If you think $200ish is bad for a tb then a supercharger is not for you, they cost upwards of 3-4 thousand dollars EASY!!!

If you think $200ish is bad for a tb then a supercharger is not for you, they cost upwards of 3-4 thousand dollars EASY!!!

and thats not including the supporting mods your going to want to get as well.

FI is not for the faint at heart, nor pocket book and with the 4.0L OHV engine, it only gets worse.

I got by BBK TB here on the forum classified, good place to by if available. Plus you support those who help support you.

Back